Shell ads backfire

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
It's not Shell's website. I think last I heard, it was run by Greenpeace or somesuch.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I have an energy plan that would reduce our need for fossil fuels and increases our national income.

....and I'm just an old used up Polack. Makes one wonder why all these politicians can get one.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
all the gasoline comes from the same pipeline somewhere in your city. they just add a bucket of chemical additives to make it shell or Mobil or whatever.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
It's not Shell's website. I think last I heard, it was run by Greenpeace or somesuch.

Yes, probably the same group that filmed that fake Shell video at the Space Needle with the "oil spill". From the kids page, lol:

Right now, the polar ice caps of our planet are melting.

That's bad—but it's also good!

That's right! It's bad because our planet needs ice at the poles. But it's good because when the polar ice melts, we at Shell can go up there to get more oil, which can do a whole lot of things. Thanks to oil:

Mommy and Daddy can drive to the store to buy you new toys.
Companies like Mattel™ can build new toys.
Engineers can drive to work to design new, better toys that are even more fun to play with.
When you're done with your toys, trucks can take them away to dispose of.

Oil can even help us fix some of the problems that melting ice causes.

So it's fine to be sad about our melting polar ice caps, and about how sad that makes the planet—but remember to be glad as well, because of all that the oil we're finding there is letting you do, now and far into the future!

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I heard a radio advert from this. I was confused at first until I realized it wasn't a real Shell Commercial.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
This will clearly make the entire planet stop using oil; great job Greenpeace/whoever.

I'm grabbing my lawn chair to watch the legal hurricane they put themselves in the path of. Whoever made this will need a binding UN resolution to stop Shell counsel from completely fucking them up.

Last edited:

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
all the gasoline comes from the same pipeline somewhere in your city. they just add a bucket of chemical additives to make it shell or Mobil or whatever.
Apparently I could have skipped all of the reactive distillation and catalytic cracking if I had just added a bucket of arbitrary chemicals! I guess all those years of training as a chemical engineer were for nothing! *facepalm*

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Apparently I could have skipped all of the reactive distillation and catalytic cracking if I had just added a bucket of arbitrary chemicals! I guess all those years of training as a chemical engineer were for nothing! *facepalm*

so as a chemical engineer you're saying that Shell gasoline is different from other gasoline ?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
OIL! The bootstrap that should help a civilization progress to a post-fossil fuel economy. Oh Ya, I meant an intelligent civilization.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

notice i did not say "crude oil pipe line"

my point is, that the gasoline in a Shell or Exxon station may have been refined by a number of different companies and pumped into the same pipeline. At the distributing point they may or may not add some other chemicals such as detergents to make it "shell" or whatever brand. and even then, the .gov mandates that it has certian detergents already in it. though, I imagine you already knew that, but wanted to rage a little.

so you work in a refinery that trucks every gallon to their specific branded gas station?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
notice i did not say "crude oil pipe line"

my point is, that the gasoline in a Shell or Exxon station may have been refined by a number of different companies and pumped into the same pipeline. At the distributing point they may or may not add some other chemicals such as detergents to make it "shell" or whatever brand. and even then, the .gov mandates that it has certian detergents already in it. though, I imagine you already knew that, but wanted to rage a little.

so you work in a refinery that trucks every gallon to their specific branded gas station?
My point is simply this: your description does not match the reality of the situation at all. If you want an education, you'll have to pay for it just like I did.