Sharpton on SNL pulled by some

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yeah, I heard the Des Moines NBC affiliate pulled the show. What? You don't like black people in Iowa? ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Yeah, I heard the Des Moines NBC affiliate pulled the show. What? You don't like black people in Iowa? ;)

All 4 NBC affiliates in Iowa pulled it;) Yup...we all have confederate flags on our farm trucks;):p

CkG

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000

Not just black people. Iowans make Hispanics feel unwelcomed as well. Come to my place in East Waterloo sometime if you want to see what I mean.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Piano Man

Not just black people. Iowans make Hispanics feel unwelcomed as well. Come to my place in East Waterloo sometime if you want to see what I mean.

Yeah DM - come to Iowa. We are equal opportunity haters! :D It's gotta count for something, no? ;)
State motto: If you hate 'em, they will come. :p

CkG

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
Sharpton did little to help his cause. He looked like a deer in headlights. Don't they know you have to be an actor or at least come off as one to be the president of the USA? ;)

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
The issue that got the 'Sharpton Follies' pulled was none othere than the 'Equal Time for Candidates'.

If they had allowed SNL to show there during the 'Democrat-A-Thon', we would have had to be allowed
to have compensational air time with Gebhardt, Kerry, any one else running in Iowa.

To bad they did pull Sharpton on SNL, it showed he has more talent than others, but then again
when would the American Public think that an Actor or other 'Entertaining' individual be active in
a political role, especially as a Governeor or a senator, or even as a President.
Isn't the American Public too smart to go along with a Celebrity Popularity Contest ?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Yeah DM - come to Iowa. We are equal opportunity haters! :D It's gotta count for something, no? ;)

CkG

Wow, Iowa boasts 93.9% White persons vs 2.1% black persons. What do you guys do? Scare 'em away at the border?

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003

CkG

Wow, Iowa boasts 93.9% White persons vs 2.1% black persons. What do you guys do? Scare 'em away at the border?

Back up to 2.1%? :disgust: Get the torches, boys.

;)

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
"SNL" alluded to the missing stations in two separate skits on Saturday. In the show's opening, Jimmy Fallon (news) portrayed NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker, announcing other opportunities for Democrats to allay equal time concerns.

For instance, Gen. Wesley Clark (news - web sites) will be made over on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and Howard Dean (news - web sites) will eat camel rectum on "Fear Factor," Fallon said.

Later, he and Tina Fey (news) held up a map showing NBC affiliates they said weren't airing the show. They mocked many of the cities, calling Des Moines, Iowa, "snoozeville, USA."

How about "Klanville?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I heard the Des Moines NBC affiliate pulled the show. What? You don't like black people in Iowa?

Yeah DM - come to Iowa. We are equal opportunity haters! It's gotta count for something, no?
State motto: If you hate 'em, they will come.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Ldir

CkG

Back up to 2.1%? :disgust: Get the torches, boys.

;)

Yup - there's a meetin' dern by tha old skool howse tonite. Yeee Haaaw! I'll be down after I get done sloppin' the hogs.

;)

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
And in more good news for the 'Farm Belt' - It's official, Anna Nicole Smith is off her diet !

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Iowa: Powered by angry white male republicans for more than 156 years. ;)

Actually, when it comes to presidents and governers, we are usually pro democrat. But you sure as hell wouldn't know it by living here.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Iowa: Powered by angry white male republicans for more than 156 years. ;)

Actually, when it comes to presidents and governers, we are usually pro democrat. But you sure as hell wouldn't know it by living here.

Yeah, it's like the rest on the country. democrats tend to be concentrated in the urban area, but the rural is mostly Republican. Terry Branstad(R) however served 16 years as our Governor before we got PillageNsack;) but yes we tend to vote for democrats in Presidential elections.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yeah, it's like the rest on the country. democrats tend to be concentrated in the urban area, but the rural is mostly Republican. Terry Branstad(R) however served 16 years as our Governor before we got PillageNsack;) but yes we tend to vote for democrats in Presidential elections.
CkG
I understand that greenhouse emissions from flatulent dairy cows tend to be at their highest levels in the rural areas. Certainly a leading cause of light-headedness, woozyness, and poor voting decisions. :p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
CkG
I understand that greenhouse emissions from flatulent dairy cows tend to be at their highest levels in the rural areas. Certainly a leading cause of light-headedness, woozyness, and poor voting decisions. :p

Good thing there are Pigs here.;)

CkG