the air, the singer refused to speak to her saying she'd "rather have
PIGS listening to her music than Israelis!" I think it is a disgrace
that a person like her is given a platform to express her incredibly
outrageous views and that a network as big and influential as MTV did
not condemn her expression. This is a singer who is rated no.1 in the
world and in Israel with her smash hit "whenever, wherever". We can not
turn a blind eye to these sayings anymore! I ask you all; please send
this email to all your mailing lists to help spread the word on this
terrible saying and to boycott the singers CDs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix M. Liokumovich

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
She's half Lebanese and speaks Arabic fluently...wouldn't surprise me but also wouldn't take it as truth until I had a corroborating source...

Doesn't make her any less sexy though (on the outside at least :eek:)

Apparently, she's rather civil-minded...here's what she had to say about dELiA*s, the clothing line (Yes, they spell it like that) per CNN:
Shakira said in a statement, "I would never knowingly wear any clothes or support any company who produced clothing with alleged wage and labor violations."

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
I too will wait for a corroborating source.

Originally posted by: b0mbrman
She's half Lebanese and speaks Arabic fluently...wouldn't surprise me but also wouldn't take it as truth until I had a corroborating source...

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperCyrix
I need to really inflict some punishment on that huge anti Isreali butt of hers

And I'm sure you'd revel in the righteousness of it all...

*slap* "That's a naughty bit o' crumpet..."

:p

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i remember lauren hill saying something like " id rather see a black child die then have a white person listen to my album" thought that was real nice. personally i cant stand her music wouldent listen to it if you paied me. but their entitled to there opinion write or wrong no matter if there a star or not they have the right to say and do whatever the please

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well she's a person and entitled to her opinion. She's old enough to make her own decisions about what to say and I'm sure she understands the consequences involved.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Here - From ADL.org:
Shakira did not make anti-Jewish statement
ADL has received inquiries about an e-mail calling for a boycott of the pop recording artist Shakira, based upon a comment she allegedly made on MTV in Europe. ADL has determined that the rumor is a complete fabrication.

The widely circulated e-mail suggests that during a live appearance on MTV in Europe, Shakira refused to speak to an Israeli fan and stated that she'd "rather have pigs listening to her music than Israelis."

A representative of MTV Networks confirmed to ADL that the comment was not made on any of MTV's 10 European channels. In addition, ADL has received assurances from The DeMann Entertainment Company, the Beverly Hills-based management agency for Shakira, that the accusation is "wild and baseless" and "never happened."

"Anyone who knows Shakira, heard her speak or read her interviews, knows how absurd it is to suggest that she would make any statement that would foster ill will between people of different cultures, countries or faiths," said Freddy DeMann in a letter to ADL National Director Abraham H. Foxman.

"This is entirely contrary to her personal beliefs."

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Boy, I tell ya... I'm glad I live in a country where I can say anything I want with security of rights and without fear of retaliation!

nik

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i remember lauren hill saying something like " id rather see a black child die then have a white person listen to my album" thought that was real nice. personally i cant stand her music wouldent listen to it if you paied me. but their entitled to there opinion write or wrong no matter if there a star or not they have the right to say and do whatever the please

Another link?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
stupid people who start these stupid emails and stupid people who stupidly forward them should be sterilized

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
What a load of crap. Use your brain before believing sh!t like this. This is how things like the Shakira e-mail get going--too many people who believe anything anyone tells them.

rolleye.gif

l2c

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
stupid people who start these stupid emails and stupid people who stupidly forward them should be sterilized

Feel like starting a petition? :D

'Cuz I'd sign it.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
i would link it but that happened like 4 years ago. good luck finding one

Uhhh... Try this link...Link

Lauryn Hill die black child rather in Google.com does wonders for your search for a link.