Shadowplay Broadcast disconnected Issue. Help!

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
So when I Broadcast with Shadowplay with my GTX 970 my broadcast keeps disconnecting and it saying something about "Lowering Quality" I don't think using these settings should cause any problem and I think my Internet speed (Not the best upload) is decent enough to Stream to specially at only 720p.
Below is my internet speeds and my Settings for Shadowplay Brodcast. My question is. Is there any other way other than lowering quality/bitrate while using Shadowplay to Stream without getting constantly disconnected after 3-5 minutes?
image.png

Capture.png

Reinvented

Oct 5, 2005
You didn't hit your bandwidth cap, did you? I know Suddenlink has bandwidth caps, and for that reason alone they sucked.
Technically, it SHOULD be sufficient enough, but you're already using 30% of your allotted bandwidth on the upstream. What is your router? Usually if your router can't handle simultaneous traffic, and upload gets pegged, you will disconnect easily. Have you tried using OBS instead?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
You didn't hit your bandwidth cap, did you? I know Suddenlink has bandwidth caps, and for that reason alone they sucked.
Technically, it SHOULD be sufficient enough, but you're already using 30% of your allotted bandwidth on the upstream. What is your router? Usually if your router can't handle simultaneous traffic, and upload gets pegged, you will disconnect easily. Have you tried using OBS instead?
Similar issue with OBS? but the positive side when using OBS to stream to Facebook is that it if the Stream gets disconnected it will only Pause and Continue after reconnects. With Shadowplay the stream ends, which kinda sucks and should be fixed to work more like OBS.

The Router is the one they provided Brand on it says "HitronTechnologies"
I did notice that using OBS if I set the bitrait to 4,000 and stream at 720p there seems less interruptions but still loses connection from time to time, losing the connection but regaining it is better than Shadowplay just ending the Stream if it disconnects.

Reinvented

Oct 5, 2005
Similar issue with OBS? but the positive side when using OBS to stream to Facebook is that it if the Stream gets disconnected it will only Pause and Continue after reconnects. With Shadowplay the stream ends, which kinda sucks and should be fixed to work more like OBS.

The Router is the one they provided Brand on it says "HitronTechnologies"
I did notice that using OBS if I set the bitrait to 4,000 and stream at 720p there seems less interruptions but still loses connection from time to time, losing the connection but regaining it is better than Shadowplay just ending the Stream if it disconnects.

I believe it's a router issue at this point, with what you are describing. Either that, or your connection to the Facebook Live server isn't sustainable. The downside from broadcasting on Facebook Live is that it's capped at 720p, and requires a substantial amount of bandwidth. But either way, you are eating up your bandwidth at this point, and you're going to get disconnected. No way around it at this point.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I believe it's a router issue at this point, with what you are describing. Either that, or your connection to the Facebook Live server isn't sustainable. The downside from broadcasting on Facebook Live is that it's capped at 720p, and requires a substantial amount of bandwidth. But either way, you are eating up your bandwidth at this point, and you're going to get disconnected. No way around it at this point.

Well oddly enough the issue has stopped happening when using OBS. I am actually streaming with a bitrate of 4,000 @720p to Facebook and have no connection problems. I just stopped using Shadowplay since OBS is more effective. I honestly think OBS is great for Streaming and quiet simple to set up. I do however prefer Shadowplay for just Recording gameplay directly if i plan to upload later.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
Yeah, just use Shadowplay for recording. My buddy had an awful time streaming with Shadowplay before I suggested OBS. OBS is great!!

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah, just use Shadowplay for recording. My buddy had an awful time streaming with Shadowplay before I suggested OBS. OBS is great!!
You ain't lying! and its super easy to set up and use. I actually avoided OBS at first because I thought it was hard to use but its very simple and yes it does work 2x better than Shadowplay IMO.
Being using it to Stream to Youtube (No viewers but I do it for fun because I am bored) and the Stream at 720p looks great to be honest.

I am streaming using 4800 bitrait on OBS and it rarely Disconnects. Another Major benefit of OBS over Shadowplay is that if it Disconnects from the Stream it will automatically connect again where as Shadowplay will just Cut/End the Stream on its own if it gets disconnected. I can use OBS to Stream to Facebook live too!

However for Simply Recording at 1080p and Not Streaming Shadowplay works great! no doubt about it.

EDIT: I was having trouble with OBS at first but after a few Youtube Tutorials its working great for me! much better than Shadowplay for Streaming. I can't remember what I did exactly but now I rarely lose connection while Streaming.

Like I said no one watches my Streams as they are very shitty and that's fine I stream because I would be gaming on my own anyway and maybe I catch a viewer or 2 on my Stream, gives me people to interact with for fun.

Here is a Video I did using OBS to Stream at 720p with 4,800 bitrait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMOmG2MP6VA&t=660s

Last edited:
Reactions: ZGR