SG-1 Unleashed

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
I can see why they opted for tablets vs PCs. They sell better lately, (unfortunately), and will have bigger market (casual gamers included). And there is less risk of being flop or not breaking even.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I can see why they opted for tablets vs PCs. They sell better lately, (unfortunately), and will have bigger market (casual gamers included). And there is less risk of being flop or not breaking even.

And due to the limitations of tablets it lowers development cost. If you want to make a game and have no money, you make it on Android and/or iOS. Not that all tablet (or cheap) games are bad, but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Personally I want to see an SG-1 game kickstarter. Would probably do extremely well in the right hands.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
The StarGate universe needs a "proper" video game series, definitely, I'd also be all over it. I am a StarGate SG-1 fan, I also really liked the first movie. I know some didn't like it but I thought it was good, and the main music theme is just awesome and so memorable and persisted to SG-1. I also liked SG Atlantis, I wouldn't say "as much as" SG-1 but still it was entertaining. I haven't seen a single SG Universe episode though, not sure how that one is doing. But, really, the direct-to-DVD SG-1 films were awesome, in my opinion, especially Ark of Truth, the whole Ori story arc was great (Continuum wasn't bad at all, but I just preferred Ark).

The only StarGate game I have ever played was on the SNES and it wasn't bad if memory serves me well. But, yeah, a good story-driven series set within that universe, or during SG-1 events, or whatever... just within that universe, would be nice. With this said however I don't think it would do well as an MMORPG, or MMOShooter or whatever MMO-stuff. It'd be very good if it was more in the veins of Mass Effect, story-driven, some exploration, some "hubs", have a crew SG-1 style and be in command of that crew, and go explore and quest (story-driven) in alien worlds from the SGC, take the StarGate to do so for each main missions, order your crew around during missions with some Rainbow Six-style grid-like planning on a top view of the area, find artifacts, etc.

Or maybe not, but something StarGate needs to be done yeah.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Too bad it's for tablets, I'd really like to see an SG-1 game on something like the Mass Effect engine.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
It'd be very good if it was more in the veins of Mass Effect, story-driven, some exploration, some "hubs", have a crew SG-1 style and be in command of that crew, and go explore and quest (story-driven) in alien worlds from the SGC, take the StarGate to do so for each main missions, order your crew around during missions with some Rainbow Six-style grid-like planning on a top view of the area, find artifacts, etc.

Too bad it's for tablets, I'd really like to see an SG-1 game on something like the Mass Effect engine.

The video of Alliance that I linked above looked like the precursor to Mass Effect. It had the rudimentary squad orders mechanic, exploration, etc. I wonder if some of the guys who worked on it ended up at Bioware and influenced ME, but it was cancelled two years before Mass Effect was released.

richprice79

Dec 18, 2012
The StarGate universe needs a "proper" video game series, definitely, I'd also be all over it. I am a StarGate SG-1 fan, I also really liked the first movie. I know some didn't like it but I thought it was good, and the main music theme is just awesome and so memorable and persisted to SG-1. I also liked SG Atlantis, I wouldn't say "as much as" SG-1 but still it was entertaining. I haven't seen a single SG Universe episode though, not sure how that one is doing. But, really, the direct-to-DVD SG-1 films were awesome, in my opinion, especially Ark of Truth, the whole Ori story arc was great (Continuum wasn't bad at all, but I just preferred Ark).

The only StarGate game I have ever played was on the SNES and it wasn't bad if memory serves me well. But, yeah, a good story-driven series set within that universe, or during SG-1 events, or whatever... just within that universe, would be nice. With this said however I don't think it would do well as an MMORPG, or MMOShooter or whatever MMO-stuff. It'd be very good if it was more in the veins of Mass Effect, story-driven, some exploration, some "hubs", have a crew SG-1 style and be in command of that crew, and go explore and quest (story-driven) in alien worlds from the SGC, take the StarGate to do so for each main missions, order your crew around during missions with some Rainbow Six-style grid-like planning on a top view of the area, find artifacts, etc.

Or maybe not, but something StarGate needs to be done yeah.

Stargate universe was canceled after the second season. It was nothing like the other shows and was more drama than action. I will admit to getting into it though and was disappointed they canceled it. It seems like modern sci-fi TV shows struggle to survive.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
They had me until I read tablets. I like playing some time consumers for a few minutes now and then on my phones and such. But for real gaming I want a big screen and real controls.