SetiHide as a Service Installer - For WinXP only

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Alright - as I alluded to last night (in the wee hours of the morning) I had sucessfully gotten SetiHide to run as as Windows service. I spent a few hours trying to write out a step by step instruction guide but failed miserably, so I just decided to create an install file.

This is a bit lame as it is just a self extraction .zip file, and you do have to do a couple steps. But the .reg script and All the files are included in one nice little package.

So without more yacking on my part, here is the link to the install page and install file --> SetiHide XP Service Install

Now if you follow the directions completely and it still doesn't work...well...you are SOL :p J/K
I tested this multiple times and it worked everytime, but you do need to make sure to place your user_info.sah in the "files" folder(replacing mine) otherwise I'll get credit for all your WUs ;):p

Please read ALL directions first - It'll make your install more pleasant ;)

Also - the "upgrade" isn't fully tested(if you don't see that disclaimer on the install page) so follow those directions at your own risk.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.:)

CkG

Edit - Info in EDIT was WRONG - this install will NOT work with NT or win2k due to placement of RegEdit.exe - sorry for any confusion:eek:

Edit2 - forgot to mention on the page -as always YOU MUST HAVE ADMIN PRIVELEDGES TO USE THIS INSTALL ;)

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
Cool!

I spent a few hours trying to get that work on a machine the other day, i eventually did, but i'll keep your service install on hand so i can install it in future!

Thanks! :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Link to my ugly page?:confused: :p Sure :D

Hopefully the first "victim"...I mean..."user" will give me some feedback on how it went.
I wish I had one of those "installer" apps but I probably don't have time to do that anyway.
rolleye.gif
:p

CADkindaGUY