Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Welcome to Team AnandTech SETI!

We are now 3,222 members strong! :D

I would like to introduce our newest member:

NeoPTLD ---- Rank 3222 New ---- 0 Wus :sun: ---- Mentor: Swanny
Here is your Personal Stats Machine

Your personal mentor will be contacting you shortly.

He may not be able to contact you if you don?t have PMs enabled (Allow Private Messages) ? you can do that in your profile.

We hope you drop by often and say hello.

WARNING:

SETI WUs contain hidden rewards, and prolonged crunching can be addictive. TeAm members should guard against excessive computer building, parts hording, and stat checking. <Quote of recent new member, Pokey> :p :D

We like to recommend that all of our new members go to the following link:

How to run SETI and Join TeAm AnandTech

Once you have your SetiDriver setup and working properly it is recommended that you use one of the TeAm's SetiQueues.
This will insure you have WUs to crunch when the Seti Server is down.

How To configure your SetiDriver to use a TeAm SetiQueue.

Our Mentor TeAm <----- <clink> Kudos to our "Big Brothers"

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Welcome to the TeAm NeoPTLD :D

Thanks Smoke :beer:

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
:Q A thread just for me ? wow :D

I didn't even know you guys were keeping track of people joining the SETI thing all that closely.

I don't see my name in the team list though :(

Coolkid

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2003
You just wait for the page to update (Last updated: Wed May 5 03:35:00 2004 UTC) ;)
Good to see you posting in the DC forums already :)

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoPTLD

I didn't even know you guys were keeping track of people joining the SETI thing all that closely.

There is something strange going on with the stats servers. You name does not appear on the regular TeAm Stats Page but it is appearing on the Founder's Version that I can see? Most weird.

It is like one has been updated and the other has not. Yes, that is exactly the case. Maybe the two will get back in sync later in the day. :)

You are a member and you have completed 4 WUs. :D

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Welcome to the TeAm NeoPTLD!

and nice to see you posting

thanks for the heads up "old man'

mike

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001

If you put on your hat, you might just see the real Smoke. :Q

Seriously though, Smoke does a great job monitoring the stats and users, providing help, etc with Team Anandtech. The members of the various projects are important, and Smoke reminds us every time he can. :)

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
I still don't see me on there. My user info says I belong to Team Anandtech though :confused:

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
OK, I see what's going on. Instead of sending you an email (what I normally do) I'll just post the message here: ;)

There is a problem with your SETI NAME. It does not show up in our Membership Roster for the other Members to see. You need to visit the USERS ACCOUNT AREA: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/account_area.html

Enter your SETI NAME and SETI PASSWORD

When you get to the "Change Your Account Information" screen, place a CHECK MARK in the line right under your NAME or NICKNAME that says, "Can we show your name on the SETI@home web site?

If you have a problem with this, please contact me.

Greg
aka Smoke
Team AnandTech SETI
Membership Administrator

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Welcome to TA NeoPTLD &amp; good to see you post here too:)

Originally posted by: Smoke

There is something strange going on with the stats servers. You name does not appear on the regular TeAm Stats Page but it is appearing on the Founder's Version that I can see? Most weird.

It is like one has been updated and the other has not. Yes, that is exactly the case. Maybe the two will get back in sync later in the day. :)

You are a member and you have completed 4 WUs. :D

Possible because the team stats list linked above is the one that is only updated daily ,where as the founder mode (&amp; cgi stats list) are updated everytime you hit refresh;).
I can't check atm cos CGI stats are down to me :(

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Smoke
OK, I see what's going on. Instead of sending you an email (what I normally do) I'll just post the message here: ;)

There is a problem with your SETI NAME. It does not show up in our Membership Roster for the other Members to see. You need to visit the USERS ACCOUNT AREA: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/account_area.html

Enter your SETI NAME and SETI PASSWORD

When you get to the "Change Your Account Information" screen, place a CHECK MARK in the line right under your NAME or NICKNAME that says, "Can we show your name on the SETI@home web site?

If you have a problem with this, please contact me.

Greg
aka Smoke
Team AnandTech SETI
Membership Administrator

500 Internal Server Error.. I can't update it...

:|