ok, we're up to 286k RAC. here's our recent output:

5/22 - 297,902
5/23 - 300,158
5/24 - 280,200
5/25 - 292,182
5/26 - 285,605
5/27 - 235,507
5/28 - 341,391

taiwan has obviously found the optimized app b/c they're killing us again, though today we FINALLY beat team starfire world boinc AND broadband reports.com team starfire, so we actually were #10 in production :):) Also, my Q6600 is online finally so I should be up about 6k ppd soon and sam keeley's 3 q6600's should be up soon, too...:evil:

here's the big scary chart:

http://statsnstones.tswb.org/T...sort=1&projid=4&page=0

Team Name ..... Days to stomp

Ars Technica ..... 27
BOINC.Italy ..... 43
Team China ..... 290
OcUK - Overclockers UK .. 485
Team Art Bell ..... 585
The Planetary Society ..... 831
Team MacNN ..... 988

narreth

May 4, 2007
Can you explain to me how this optimized app works? I have a q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz and I run seti@home. How much would the SSE3 app increase my credits?

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
it is probably 75% + increase over the standard seti@home boinc client. use the ssse3 agent for core 2, the sse3 agent is for amd cpus or netburst based processors. it does generate more heat and put more stress on your system (beware if you have a "mostly stable" oc for example), but it's not as stressful as f@h.

for potential credit, figure a little about 1100 ppd per core (@2.4) with the v8.0 science app, vs about 600 ppd per core with the standard app. I'm getting about 950 ppd per core on my t7250 (2.0 ghz, dual core, 2mb cache).

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Nice numbers :D.

And I didn't realise that C2s got that much of a boost from this optimised client!:Q, maybe 2 cores will be enough for me to catch Wiz?;)

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Have I mentioned that I'm doing like that swordfighter in Princess Bride?

Fighting with my left hand, just to make it interesting...

:evil:

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Wiz
Have I mentioned that I'm doing like that swordfighter in Princess Bride?

Fighting with my left hand, just to make it interesting...

:evil:

You're amazing, the best I've ever met. However, there is something that I must tell. I am not left handed. (cue goofy music)

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
You're amazing, the best I've ever met. However, there is something that I must tell. I am not left handed. (cue goofy music)

I took my wife to see that movie when it first came out, we got the video, and now have the dvd.

I love the fire swamp & the ROUS's (rodents of unusual size)...

[fencing]
Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful.
Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?
Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.
Man in Black: And what is that?
Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed.
[Moves his sword to his right hand and gains an advantage]
Man in Black: You are amazing.
Inigo Montoya: I ought to be, after 20 years.
Man in Black: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
Inigo Montoya: Tell me.
Man in Black: I'm not left-handed either.
[Moves his sword to his right hand and regains his advantage]

Later...

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
Man in Black, Vizzini: [they drink ]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Great film, I also love Billy Crystal & Carol Kane... Miracle Max!

Mandy Patinkin as Inigo Montoya - this is where I really started appreciating his skills as an actor. Not the funny looking alien in Alien Nation a year later, no Inigo is Mandy Patinkin and Mandy is Inigo Montoya. I also liked him as Rube on Dead Like Me and of course as Jason Gideon on Criminal Minds.

Oh, and I have always joked about the ending song - "My love is like a story book story, it's as real as the feelings I feel" Who writes that kind of sloppy drivel? Geeze that was Cheesy!

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
I love those quotes. I was playing civ4 a few years ago. They offer helpful hints while the game is loading. On older systems especially when the game first came out, it often took a minute or more to load a large map. Some hints are things like how to maintain your units, keep your number of cities in check, etc. well, one day I noticed an interesting comment: "snacks are good in moderation". I started paying more attention to the "helpful hints" until I found my all-time favorite: "never start a land war in asia". classic!