Seti: Currently Testing 'service' type install for '98

Spleenus

Mar 25, 2002
I'm just currently testing it out on my home network with an old 98 machine I have. If it works/when it works Confused might allow it for general TA distribution. ANd it will also greatly boost the production from BBR :p

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
I commonly use a Windows 98 service install for my clients that uses setidriver. Double-click an install file, reboot, and then enter my seti email address and it is ready to go with proxy info already entered in. The only thing the user sees is the programs "setidr" and "seti303" if they hit ctrl-alt-del.

How does yours work?

Spleenus

Mar 25, 2002
lol, i'm not sure cuz Confused put it together. ATM i'm having problems determining why it isn't working properly.

:(

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
If you would like to try out the one I use drop me a line and I can email it to you.

jatwell

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I ended up using SETI Hide for all my client installs because you can set it up to run totally transparent to the user. Has cache handling, multiple processes, direct links to the stats if you keep if visible and a nice chart and other nifty things. Much better than Seti Driver in my opinion, but I could be wrong ? Let me know if there are advantages to Seti Driver that I may have missed.

Spleenus

Mar 25, 2002
it wasn't going very well at all, the problem is that when the computer booted up it would start seti but it wouldn't download the work unit. But my setiqueue which it was trying to connect to was actually registering it as well, but not distributing the WU to it :(