SETI: BBR commits to passing the TeAm before the end....11/05/04 - UNDER 45K AGAIN and falling!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Overkiller

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2003
Well my P4 2.8 ghz system is up and running.

2 services running in background. using setidriver i have *use setispy* checkmarked, saved the config, and exited but still cannot get information on the WU's at all (i.e. completion time, rate, etc). Do i have to stop the services and restart them?

Also what is the harm done if the services are stopped (say in a restart). Does all the work get trashed or does the program simply pick up from where the break happened, OR are there savepoints?

Thank you everyone!

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
re your earlier question ,SETI will just pick up where it left off:)............unless your PC crashes & the result.sah file becomes corrupted,then it'll start from 0

Welcome to The search btw:)

Oh yeah guys ,I have now spoken to DrE ,thanks for the reminders ,I needed them!:eek:
And it turns he is crunching for me!:eek: ,reason I couldn't tell is that his Q is flushing straight to Berkely & he's only got his PII 333@374 crunching atm.Still glad for the boost of course:)

Migroo

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
How are we doing guys? A long time since I dropped in here. I'll try to be more around especially during the changeover from SETI 1 to SETI 2 (or BOINC as its known?).

Go Team :D

Migroo

peang

Apr 6, 2000
I hope my new single 2500+ barton system is not blown up try to catch up with you all ;)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, BBR picked up two members in the last two days with a total of over 23k WU's! :Q:(:(:(

I hope that the MTR flushes and resulting rise in production send this trend the other way! :Q

more..more...more! :Q

TofBnT

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2003
That means the Gap will Open!!!!

BBR will choke on the dust. (Or maybe the smell)

MortisBBr

Oct 6, 2003
We are lulling you into a false sense of security.....we are like an jumbo jet; we just seem to be moving slowly as we roar by the TeAm... :Q

/sees that noone on the TeAm has found our mole yet :Q

/sneaks back to BBr :)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Bad WU thing seems to have hurt us more than BBR...we're falling by 1500 per day! :(

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Engineer
The Bad WU thing seems to have hurt us more than BBR...we're falling by 1500 per day! :([/W

We have a few work machines with the problem.
Our numbers still aren't where they should be Taking longer than expected to get the rest of the HP's and POS machines in place and still configing the new cluster of Dell Serverers and the new web servers.