SETI....at time to reflect.

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
I just wanted to take a moment say this SETI TeAm is amazing! Can you add to this?

/oldtimer mode on

Why, I can remember back when...

The TeAm was working to increase output to 1000 wu's/day.

/oldtimer mode off

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
When we had 421 members
Colin P was 1st in the standings with 17,514
Heavy metal was a God
Assim1 was my Mentor

CurtOien

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
When we had no SETI team members and we were debating if we should even have a SETI team.
Some of us were already running SETI but we were afraid that starting a SETI team would hurt the teams RC5 effort.

cakin

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2001
You guys are beginning to sound like a bunch of OLD FARTS!

Next will be the, "I walked 32 miles to miles to school in the snow croud!"

or

I finally had to give away my Commodore 64 since it wouldn't run Seti!

or

I can't believe I got a 10 meg hard drive for only $238.63

Slahr Dzhe

Oct 10, 1999
When the discussions were on UBB, but only when they were actually working. :Q:p

/me waves at all the oldtimers

SD

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
A Slahr Dzhe sighting!!!! And a Curt Oien sighting!!!!

We have had our little scuffles but we have always been a true team. Things have changed little the last 5 years. [edit]yes 5 for me anyways[/edit] Some things, but not a lot.

Woot! Another 1999 thread!

Wolfie

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
yeah, I remember the time when we used to watch the WU's go in to Berkley one at a time...

Slahr Dzhe

Oct 10, 1999
Oh yeah, almost forgot.. remember when you could put a space in your user name for the forums? ;)

SD

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I haven't been on the TeAm long enough to post any "forgotten memories" or anything. The first thing I remember doing as a DC'er was clicking on Russ's sig link to his Sexy Twins :p

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I remember the UBB days. How many resets did the board go through? You know, where you had to signup again and lost your old post count. :( The board sure is better now. Much more stable and faster (if you're a subscriber anyway).

Oh, when I joined the SETI team was floating around the mid-upper 30's to even the low 40's. We're doing a little better now. :D

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I remember when the things at Berkeley were so slow that I proposed mailing the WUs in via the Post Office as they would even be faster! :Q I'm sure if I dig around enough, I could find that thread.
rolleye.gif

IIRC I joined the TA SETI team when I had about 367 WUs.. that was a LONG time ago! I was even using the GUI client at the time. :Q I've learned so much since then. :)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I'd like to participate in this .... err, what are we talking about?

hmmm, I seem to be having a "Senior Moment" ... what was I going to say? :Q

You all will have them (Senior Moments) ... eventually. :p

And I bet some of you are having them already. LOL :D

I think we are becoming complacent with our recent climb in the standings but then that's another topic for another thread. ;)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The switch to ver. 3.03 and all the whining cause "work units took so long" :D Some of you even said you were going to quit.... :p

SHUX

ColinP

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ahh the switch to 3.03, when the value of having the use of an ISP made up of Sparcs completely lost it's value !!!!!

I remember when MGallik was tearing it up with 6 WU/day, AVG (Binky) came along and was the big gun for a while, we were putting out 200 WU/day and going up the charts, then I got access to my fleet (around 30 machines with some 4 processor Sparcs) and took the lead. Never thought we'd be doing 8000 a day !! Never thought I'd be out of the top 10 with this many WUs !!!!

:)

Col