SETI: 9x Hidden client install

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Went over a friends house last week to watch the Eagles game (who kidnapped the real Donovan McNabb?) and somehow got talked into fixing their machine. Standard DC install fee applies. :) Need an automated install script for a seti app that caches w/u's on a 9x box and runs hidden on startup, I have a script I wrote for seti driver but I hate how it comes up briefly on startup. I know there's one of the seti apps that will do this but I've been using seti driver so long I can't remember.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Thanks, I'll see what I can dig up. My friend is still on <gasp> dial up, I know one of the other problems I had was that seti driver would try to return results and would automatically initiate the DUN connection which isn't always a good thing. Does seti hide do that and/or can you turn it off?

Edit- To clarify, it should be able to try to connect automatically and fail if no internet connection without dialing or detect when it's online and initiate a transfer. No manual transfers. He'll forget.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I've not used SetiHide in quite a while, but I'm nearly positive the auto-dial can be turned off.