SETI: 15,000 WU

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I finally managed to inch over 15K work units.

I'll be getting a new and faster laptop at work soon and I'll be buying a new computer for my wife (installed downstairs and connecting via my wireless LAN), so my production will get a little bit of a boost in the near future.

I'm looking forward to the new SETI with even more science.

Michael

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Congratulations on the great milesone, Michael. :D

You are going to really like that LAN when you get it setup. I try to get all of my friends that upgrade their computers to keep thier old computers and setup a LAN. The old computers serve as a good place to backup their important stuff. And of course keep running SETI. ;) :)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
congrats

15000 is a heck of an acomplishment

<---newbie bows in the presence of a true seti warrior

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
Bring back the cuppies !! :)

hehe man. i remember the days when you were blasting out work units like they were going out of fashion... !!

Congrats man...

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I wish I could get the Cuppies back into action, but I haven't stayed in touch with them over the past few years as my current job keeps me far from the investing boards (I'm an SEC reporting officer for a public company now - search my real name via Google and you'll find me and the company).

In case anyone new wonders who the "Cuppies" are, they were a bunch of 3dfx investors (because it was like being kicked in the cup every week). At once point one of the guys (who worked in HP's Super Computer division and who was responsible for final testing of the units) ran SETI for me over a week and a half time span. I was putting out hundreds of WU a day during that time.

Michael