Serious Sam-type games

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Serious sam 2?

Look for the insanity mod or whatever it is called. Makes Serious Sam SE INSANE-ER.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Check out Borderlands coming out later this month. I get a pretty "Serious Sam" vibe off of it, which is why I'm totally stoked for it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The Painkiller series is the only thing I've found that directly compares. And it doesnt compare well. You dont have quite as many monsters on screen at one time, and the environments arent as big. But its the same type of awesome action.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
There's KISS: Psycho Circus, to some extent (lots of enemies on-screen), but it's boring overall, although the level design is generally decent, I haven't played nor even installed it in years, I bought it back in 2001 I believe, or perhaps before that I can't remember anymore, but it was released in 2000 if I recall correctly. There's unfortunately few games "like" Serious Sam, other than Painkiller as mentioned by shortylickens, and while we're at it there's Painkiller: Resurrection coming out soon, it's been announced on Steam last week, it's basically like the original but with better graphics, it's always a good thing. And, well, the classic, DOOM series, especially DOOM II, it has more enemies in most levels than in the original but it's still not quite what you're looking for.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
A game on Steam coming out in a couple days is Dreamkiller. Looks like a shooter free for all, but without huge, expansive areas. The pace from the trailer looked hectic, though.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Malak
How on earth is Painkiller anything like Serious Sam?

Well, it does have tons of enemies spawning at once for you to shoot at a lot and for the most part its pretty mindless. I'm thinking of picking it up since you can get it on Steam for all of $9.99 . Too bad I can't find Serious Sam on either Steam or Impulse.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: nsafreak

Well, it does have tons of enemies spawning at once for you to shoot at a lot and for the most part its pretty mindless. I'm thinking of picking it up since you can get it on Steam for all of $9.99 . Too bad I can't find Serious Sam on either Steam or Impulse.

Edit: Forgot..no eBay links allowed. :confused:

Serious Sam is $1.90 + s/h on half.com.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!!!

On Steam:
If you preorder the new Painkiller game for a mere 26.99, you also get free copies of Painkiller:Black and Overdose, both of which are pretty darn good!
I think I will do this.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: nsafreak

The only place that has it that I know of is Gametap.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: CPA
A game on Steam coming out in a couple days is Dreamkiller. Looks like a shooter free for all, but without huge, expansive areas. The pace from the trailer looked hectic, though.

ehh wait for a demo or more pics/videos. Dreamkiller is however made by i think the same people who made BOH and PK:eek:verdose

bloodugly

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2004
Painkiller: Overdose would've been better if the level loads didn't take soooooo long. I thought maybe the reviewers were just being hard on it until I played it myself. Looking forward to trying out Resurrection, though.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: FuryofFive
Originally posted by: CPA

ehh wait for a demo or more pics/videos. Dreamkiller is however made by i think the same people who made BOH and PK:eek:verdose

after reading the reviews on the steam forums, i picked up Dreamkiller over steam.
Graphically is very nice. cool concept. your a Dr. trying to help people by going in there dreams