Serious Question: What does it feel like to kill someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
There's got to be at least one Vietnam or Desert Storm vet on here who's had to kill somone before. If you've had to do such a thing, would you mind explaining how it felt? I don't expect anyone to regret it (it was war after all), but I don't think it's the most pleasant experience either. I'm jsut curious is all.

Oh, and if you're a psycho murderer or something, feel free to answer the question, but I hope we don't have any of those on here.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i had two dreams where i killed people for no good reason, i felt pretty guilty (in the dream) after doing so.

i would hope nobody answers with "it feels damn good!" :p

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Why would you want to know the answer to that?

That's pretty freaky. :Q

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Azraele
Why would you want to know the answer to that?

That's pretty freaky. :Q

Morbid curiosity, I'd imagine.

Why are these so taboo?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
There's got to be at least one Vietnam or Desert Storm vet on here who's had to kill somone before. If you've had to do such a thing, would you mind explaining how it felt? I don't expect anyone to regret it (it was war after all), but I don't think it's the most pleasant experience either. I'm jsut curious is all.

Oh, and if you're a psycho murderer or something, feel free to answer the question, but I hope we don't have any of those on here.

It's easy enough to find out if you have the balls. Just join the Army or Marines and volunteer for the most dangerous MOS they have. You will be well trained to kill people and then sent off to do so.

After you find out how it feels come back here and let us know whether or not you want to share the feeling.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Military training is designed to desensitize you to that kind of thing. If you want a real answer, talk to a police officer... they have to take time off after killing somebody for rehab and all.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
There's a guy in my town who was in Vietnam I think. He wanders the street with the most vacant haunted stare. He looks at you, but he doesn't see you, he sees through you. :(

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I had a dream yesterday during my nap in which I shot a dude in the head after he and his friends kept installing phone, cable, and power outlets on the backs of my legs while I was sleeping. Don't ask me.........?? I remember in the dream that I felt pretty horrible about doing it. Does that help?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I've never killed anyone, but I've been @ the bedside of >100 people when they died (I'm an RN & I work in the ER & worked in ICU's for about a decade)

Sounds stupid, but 2 things always struck me, I like to joke (you want to cry, but it's more acceptable to laugh & tell bad jokes, guess it's that gallows humor) & I always needed to have a life affirming sexual encounter (fortunately the females I worked with seemed to need the same thing...)

& it makes you think about if there really is a soul, etc...

We haven't had a death in a few weeks, guess we're due for another...

I've terminated life support about a dozen times, I guess I have in some sense I have killed a few folks...

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
i just sniped like 60 people, most head shots, left with the highest score on the server.....i feel pretty damn good :p

as for my dreams......i feel pretty damn good when i kill people in them too. i would definately not kill someone in real life though, nothing is worth 20+ years in jail :D

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
Ha! I knew the ER was the right place to meet women!!! :D :D :D

j/k

As for what it feels like to kill someone, I hope I never find out.

Grasshopper

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I've never killed anyone, but I've been @ the bedside of >100 people when they died (I'm an RN & I work in the ER & worked in ICU's for about a decade)

Sounds stupid, but 2 things always struck me, I like to joke (you want to cry, but it's more acceptable to laugh & tell bad jokes, guess it's that gallows humor) & I always needed to have a life affirming sexual encounter (fortunately the females I worked with seemed to need the same thing...)

& it makes you think about if there really is a soul, etc...

We haven't had a death in a few weeks, guess we're due for another...

I've terminated life support about a dozen times, I guess I have in some sense I have killed a few folks...

Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but it seems like you like to joke and then need to have a sexual encounter with people after they died?? Weird!

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Don?t know about people. But a number of years ago I went hunting with my dad and killed my first and only deer.

It was such a high (great feeling of power) that I vowed to never ever kill anything that large again. The actual feeling of enjoyment was very deep. Almost primeval if you know what I mean. It actually scared the he!! out of me.

Hunting Birds and fish are entirely different than hunting and killing a large animal.

When I got home I put my rifle in its case (never even cleaned it) and that?s where it is today.

Does that sort of answer your question?

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Hmmm, between this thread and the one where you're announcing that you want to buy a rifle, is there something you're trying to say?

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BillGates
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but it seems like you like to joke and then need to have a sexual encounter with people after they died?? Weird!

With OTHER people, Captain Necrophilia.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: FlashG
Don?t know about people. But a number of years ago I went hunting with my dad and killed my first and only deer.

It was such a high (great feeling of power) that I vowed to never ever kill anything that large again. The actual feeling of enjoyment was very deep. Almost primeval if you know what I mean. It actually scared the he!! out of me.

Hunting Birds and fish are entirely different than hunting and killing a large animal.

When I got home I put my rifle in its case (never even cleaned it) and that?s where it is today.

Does that sort of answer your question?

I think killing somebody in war, or at least from a distance would be easier in a way then killing a deer, then digging it's hot guts out and dragging it around the woods. I like my meat from the store, because that stuff grows on trees.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Bill Gates

My dad was a butcher at one time so he showed me how to gut and clean the animal. I just stood and watched.

I wound up giving the venison to a church group for the needy. And that was that.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
A buddy of mine killed a man. I don't want to go into much detail, but the man he killed was evil. When my friend was apprehending the evil man he accidentally killed him. No weapons were involved.

He doesn't feel bad about doing it. It truly was an accident and the man that died truly was evil. However, he now lives a much different life. He's more paranoid now and certain situations just scare him to tears. He's also developed a kind of "third eye" for detecting his surroundings.

MrPhelps

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2001
Probably as good as Bubba in prison getting it on with you because you were sent to the big house.lol

We better watch out!!;)

MrPhelps

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: MrPhelps
Probably as good as Bubba in prison getting it on with you because you were sent to the big house.lol

We better watch out!!;)

By the way I think it would feel extremely bad, Unthinkable***:disgust:

jayglick

Oct 22, 2001
I work in an ER as a tech and we have to do a lot of support kinds of things around a person's death. It's sad if the person is a kid who was abused by its parents but not so sad if its an old person who's lived a full life and was gonna die soon anyway. I haven't killed anything (or anyone) significant but I think of the person really deserved it, I wouldn't be bothered too much.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
It depends on what kind of person you are and what kind of person you are killing.....

I wouldn't feel bad if I killed a rapist or some other such scum....

Status
Not open for further replies.