Send myself a reminder text

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Is there a service or app I can use to send myself a text message reminder on a certain date?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Platform could be worth mentioning.

ALTHOUGH, if you just use the personal assistant from whatever platform, it can set reminders for you.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Android on the phone, although it wouldn't make much sense to send a message to the same phone. Windows PCs and servers around the house. I was thinking more along the lines of a hosted service.

I don't use a personal assistant of any kind.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Looks like I wandered into another dead AT tech forum. I'll try another discussion site. Need to remember to confine myself to OT stuff here.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Looks like I wandered into another dead AT tech forum. I'll try another discussion site. Need to remember to confine myself to OT stuff here.
Perhaps you need to work on your communication skills. The calendar option apparently doesn't fit your needs but, we don't know what those needs are.

core2slow

Mar 7, 2008
If only there's a collective, universal repository somewhere where one can ask such question and get hundreds (if not thousands!) of results from the web pertaining to said question.

If only...

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Please, do feel free to take your self-righteousness elsewhere.

Both answers provided are cross-platform.

And what's so wring with receiving the reminder on the same phone? It makes sense to me, receive my notifications on the device I carry around with me all the time. What would it matter if set the reminder on my phone or on a browser? I mean, you claim this forum is dead, but you're the one that wants antiquated SMS reminders.

There are also apps like Pushbullet or Airdroid, but I feel like you won't be into those as well. So, just don't let the door hit too hard on the way out. I mean, how helpful did you expect people to remain by insulting them?