Senator and vice presidential candidate Joe Lieberman dies

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You're whining about people talking about Lieberman's legacy in a thread about Lieberman. No idea why you want to glorify such a piece of shit. Do you personally benefit from him making health insurance way more expensive?

I didn't see where anyone was "glorifying" him.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Fanatical was glorifying him as serving the country. I pointed out he was serving the insurance companies and screwing us.

He did serve in the Government. You agreeing with what he supported is another matter...

He served 4 terms in the US Senate so obviously some liked him enough to re-elect him.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I am certain if enough people complain a dead man will change his behavior.

Well, it's a long-shot, but it might make others, still-living, pause to consider what people will say about them when their time comes (that might be why Bill Gates got all philanthropic...which, ironically, only seemed to lead to some people demonising him even more than before)

Personally I believe in only speaking ill of the dead if I really mean it and feel strongly about it (I barely heard of this guy, so...).

Actually, I find one feels a strange kind of sadness when one's enemies die, at least if it's of natural causes/old age. Absolutely felt that when Thatcher snuffed it (it happened far too late to matter). It's a sign that one is getting old, just as much as when friends expire. (Though it strikes me that's the sort of thing that movie protagonists say, it's kind of true in real life too).

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
He served 4 terms in the US Senate so obviously some liked him enough to re-elect him.
Yeah the insurance companies loved him so kept electing him. LOL calling it serving like he was doing something for the American people instead of himself and the health insurance industry he was a pawn of.