Selling Out for Political Purposes . . . .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
We're talking about an administration that sold out to corporate lobbies and lied about national security to the American people to invade Iraq.

Still waiting on the proof of this statement, originally spewed forth by BOB "It's not only my name, it's what I do" DN.

All you have to do is prove it. Should be easy for someone with your high levels of smartness.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We're talking about an administration that sold out to corporate lobbies and lied about national security to the American people to invade Iraq.
--------------
Still waiting on the proof of this statement
--------------------------------
Yeah, that's a real interesting problem, the proof thingi. Bush bought a pass in a real indepth look into his financial dealings prior to his Presidency. I wonder what an investigation of White Water vigor would have turned up there. As far as proving a connection to corporate wrong doing and Bush today, seems to me there's plenty of smell but no real proof. It would require a 'traitor' with documentation to testify. It's real hard to knock off people in power.

The Iraq war thing, again we got to wait and see. How long do you think is adequate, and how deep does the search for WMD have to go, assuming nothing is found, before you would call it proof, UQ, or does proof mean something else to you? I hate when people ask questions that try to limit the response to a safe channel. What would it take for you to say we were lied to?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I'm not the father. Didn't you read my post. The dog beat me up the stairs.
----------------------------------
Yeah, I know, but the same thing happened to me and your Mom. :D I said to myself, well I'll be a son of a bitch.

So what kind of dog are you? I'm guessing mutt.

Congress requested information on the energy companies Cheney met with to make national energy policy and of course the supreme court said he didn't have to provide it. Little wonder they want to pack the court with their own. Got them the White House and a pass on any wrongdoing.

Ken Lay had an office in Washington at the time. Anyone considered for a job in the energy dept had to have his stamp of approval. Pretty scary.

Now go lay down.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Still waiting on the proof of this statement, originally spewed forth by BOB "It's not only my name, it's what I do" DN.

All you have to do is prove it. Should be easy for someone with your high levels of smartness.

Woof woof. There's your proof. In a language you should understand.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
The Iraq war thing, again we got to wait and see. How long do you think is adequate, and how deep does the search for WMD have to go, assuming nothing is found, before you would call it proof, UQ, or does proof mean something else to you? I hate when people ask questions that try to limit the response to a safe channel. What would it take for you to say we were lied to?

As far as the WMD is concerned I would say when I no longer see a serious effort to find it, then I'll be pretty sure they've given up. That will be long enough.

As far as the lying is concerned, well we'll probably never be able to prove he lied, will we? Somebody pretty high up would have to say, "I told him there weren't any." or maybe a tape of a meeting where he says, " I know there aren't any, we're going anyway." Or maybe a body of evidence where the only logical conclusion is that there aren't any. Of course, the "we were wrong" excuse comes into play doesn't it. Bush is accused of being stupid pretty often, so it's going to be pretty hypocritical of many people not to buy that excuse. This is also the same intel community that missed 9/11. I've been on the wrong end of bad intel. It sucks, to put it mildly.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Translated "woof woof" means "I don't have any proof, I just run my mouth because I'm a retard".

You're dismissed.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Translated "woof woof" means "I don't have any proof, I just run my mouth because I'm a retard".

You're dismissed.

You can't even understand your own native tongue.

Sit. Stay.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Congress requested information on the energy companies Cheney met with to make national energy policy and of course the supreme court said he didn't have to provide it. Little wonder they want to pack the court with their own. Got them the White House and a pass on any wrongdoing.

Ken Lay had an office in Washington at the time. Anyone considered for a job in the energy dept had to have his stamp of approval. Pretty scary.

Now go lay down
Now who's howling at the moon. Well whimpering anyway if not a full blown howl. :D

The stuff you Ken Layed out there is scary, but it does not rise to the level of proof, which I think was UQ's point. We are arguing sentiments here, feelings about what the evidence seems to point to. It's a good idea, in my opinion, as a blood hound that follows his nose, to remember that one doesn't want to get drunk on the smell of somebody else's cork. Don't take stench for proof. Bush may inadvertently stepped in a pile. My attitude is that neither certainty or doubt makes any sense when probing possible crimes. You have to keep an open mind or you will distort the evidence one way or the other. The truth is what matters, don't prejudge it, but don't not follow the trail. Be dogged in pursuit, but not bulldog stubborn it's your bone.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Now go lay down
Now who's howling at the moon. Well whimpering anyway if not a full blown howl. :D

The stuff you Ken Layed out there is scary, but it does not rise to the level of proof, which I think was UQ's point. We are arguing sentiments here, feelings about what the evidence seems to point to. It's a good idea, in my opinion, as a blood hound that follows his nose, to remember that one doesn't want to get drunk on the smell of somebody else's cork. Don't take stench for proof. Bush may inadvertently stepped in a pile. My attitude is that neither certainty or doubt makes any sense when probing possible crimes. You have to keep an open mind or you will distort the evidence one way or the other. The truth is what matters, don't prejudge it, but don't not follow the trail. Be dogged in pursuit, but not bulldog stubborn it's your bone.

Well, I know this might be very hard to believe but I'll try to keep an open mind......however I've seen this act before.

I'll keep close watch over my bone just to be sure. I smell something and it doesn't smell like someone just accidentally stepped in it. The smell is all over them and it really stinks.

You're right Moonbeam, the truth is what matters. And we've had damn little of it over the past year. I just want to be sure we get the truth this time. Before these chicken hawks try wagging the dog.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well, I know this might be very hard to believe but I'll try to keep an open mind......however I've seen this act before. (If the act is UG, I had the same impression at first. But he, for a while there, was a living advertisement for the Moonbeam Duck Test, if it smells like sh!t, it probably is so I immediately began to doubt. Wink Wink. JK Actually I asked him some questions, the answers to which could not have come from a right winged nut. My conclusion, I posted elsewhere, but basically is that without proof of, in that case, no WMD, they still may be found, those for the President, especially the military, we don't want abandoning him on some presumption of guilt any more than we want the voting public to swallow his bilge whole. There is a proper place for doubt and support in this matter and time will hopefully yield better evidence, the kind of proof that will convince open minds on either side. In the mean time, you and I are pretty darn sure we know what that smell is, but that doesn't make us right. UQ, it seems to me simply called your bluff. You don't know for sure even though if this ain't a duck it's gonna be real strange. I also saw a comment from UQ something to the effect that if there are no WMD there's going to be hell to pay, but I could be having a psychotic moment complete with false memory. Like I said, I made the same assumption you did. I don't like doing that because to alienate open minded people on either side is to push them to close up and harden.)

I'll keep close watch over my bone just to be sure. (Don't do like the dog who watched it from a bridge over the river, get greedy and bark))I smell something and it doesn't smell like someone just accidentally stepped in it. (But we don't have proof proof) The smell is all over them and it really stinks.(No kidding)

You're right Moonbeam, the truth is what matters. And we've had damn little of it over the past year. I just want to be sure we get the truth this time. Before these chicken hawks try wagging the dog.( I just want to get the right people not the reasonably skeptical)

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
This thread gets my nomination for worst thread ever, why does it seem that in at least 40% of threads people want to attack each other instead of discussing whatever the thread is about? Does it make you feel special to throw around ridiculous insults? I am constantly amazed how people get caught up in the battle of the keyboards, maybe it is the only way to be safe from your ideas.