Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
I just scored these systems on ebay and am looking for some top-notch games to play for them. I know these were released WAYYY back when, but surely there must be a few absolute must-have titles for them. So please dig deep in your memories of the 1990's and let me know what I should pick up for each system. These will be for single player only. I am open to anything...racing, fighting, action, sidescrollers, RPG's...whatever! I'm not looking for "ok titles"...just stuff B++ quality or better...the really good games for each system. What do you consider "must play" titles for the Dreamcast and Sega Saturn?

Any opinions greatly appreciated! :)

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
How much did you get the Saturn for? I have mine sitting somewhere in the basement.

And for Dreamcast you can't get any better then Skies of Arcadia. Although it's probably worth a pretty penny these days. And the Powerstone series.

As far as Saturn goes, all the old arcade fighters like Street Fight and Mortal Kombat were arcade perfect ports.

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Makes me sad that you consider Dreamcast to be waaay back when :( Seems like yesterday. *sigh*

Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 (1 is better)
Powerstone 1 + 2
Skies of Arcadia
Toy Commander
Shenmue
Crazy Taxi

A whole bunch I'm forgetting...

mesthead21

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2004
Sonic Adventure was bad ass. I loved bass pro fishing if you get the fishing rod, its a pretty fun game. Also, can't get much better than Marvel vs. Capcom 2

rhit90

Apr 27, 2006
Saturn: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Gonna run ya a ton of money), Shining Force 3, Albert's Odessey, Blazing Heroes, Shining the Holy Ark,

DC: Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Shining Force 3 for Saturn is addicting, put that on top of your list. There were 2 more volumes of SF3 released only in Japan, but you'll probably want to get them anyway

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Saturn:

4mb Action Replay 4 in 1 plus (tons of them on ebay)
Import X-Men vs Street Fighter
Import Marvel vs Street Fighter
Import Marvel Super Heroes
Import Darkstalkers

I seriously have not seen a more perfect arcade translation like I have seen in the above games. Just be to sure to get the Japanese version.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: onlyCOpunk
How much did you get the Saturn for? I have mine sitting somewhere in the basement.

Got a Saturn with five crappy games for around $45 shipped. ;)

Graphics aren't too important to me, so I don't mind on playing older systems. I'm still working on building up my PS1 collection, and now I'm hoping to find the cream of the crop for the Sega Saturn.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys.

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
DC: Ikaruga, Soul Caliber, Shenmue 1/2, Crazy Taxi 1/2, Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Chu Chu rocket, Toy commander, MDK2, Tony Hawk 1/2, Sword of the Berserk(based on the Berserk manga/anime), Virtua Tennis, Mr Driller, Bust a Move, Gunbird 2, Giga wing 2, cannon spike, Guilty Gear X.

CKTurbo128

Platinum Member
May 8, 2002
Can't really say for the Sega Saturn, since I never owned one. However, for the Dreamcast, here's a list of some games that you should definitely check out:

Soul Calibur
Crazy Taxy
Crazy Taxy II
Grandia II
Capcom vs. SNK
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Shenmue II (Import)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure II
Typing of the Dead

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
THANKS for all the recommendations yall! Who needs a PS3 when you have tons of kickass last-gen games to play? :)

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
THANKS for all the recommendations yall! Who needs a PS3 when you have tons of kickass last-gen games to play? :)

Well to be fair, lot of the games have aged badly. Not as much on the Dreamcast but most Saturn games look pretty bad. 2d games are great but most 3d games on the Saturn are pretty ugly now. That said, I love my Saturn and all the games. :)

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I've got a Dreamcast....can't tell you much about the Saturn.

Disney Magical Tour Racing
Crazy Taxi & Crazy Taxi 2 (gets old fast)
NFL 2K1 (awesome game)
NFL 2K2 (slightly better graphics, slightly worse menu control)
NCAA 2K1
NCAA 2K2
(actually any sega sports games rock)
Gauntlet Legends
Soul Blade