Seems like most Govt. entities are hypocrites reagarding the car industry?

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Have you seen the vehicles that state and federal entities use?

BIG FAT SUVS, Cars, Trucks...from AMERICAN Manufacturers....

Cop cars, Govt Agency Cars, only ones I have seen that are not are meter maid scooters.

It is laughable. Look at all those black fat SUVs they drive, the grand marquis, the huge trucks...

interesting... to say the least.

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
pretty simple overall... when you are spending "some one else's money" you tend to overspend...

but they all have great excuses about "may need; security; etc..."...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Have you seen the vehicles that state and federal entities use?

BIG FAT SUVS, Cars, Trucks...from AMERICAN Manufacturers....

Cop cars, Govt Agency Cars, only ones I have seen that are not are meter maid scooters.

It is laughable. Look at all those black fat SUVs they drive, the grand marquis, the huge trucks...

interesting... to say the least.

It is typical bahvior for our beloved politicians. Think Al Gore railing about carbon emissions while consuming them at a rate of a small town.

Another recent example is the lieberman vote. A secret ballot. Why? This is the party that is championing legislation for open ballots when voting on joining a Union. What are they afraid of? Their collegues knowing if they voted to allow Lieberman to keep his chair? Hypcrites much?

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
so...if they go belly up? will the govt start purchasing Toyotas and Hondas?

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not so for the Pima County, Arizona fleet. You're likely to get a Taurus or Omni - an occasional van but nothing fat.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Yea what are they thinking. Cops shoudl all drive Aveo's and cities/states shoudl spread salt in the winter from a 4cyl Rav4. Just open the door and 1 guy can drive while the other sprinkles out the salt.

:roll:

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Yea what are they thinking. Cops shoudl all drive Aveo's and cities/states shoudl spread salt in the winter from a 4cyl Rav4. Just open the door and 1 guy can drive while the other sprinkles out the salt.

:roll:

Great comment ya momo. Go to the extreme to prove a point...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Remember as a kid when you'd make $20 and you thought on how to spend it, but when your mom gave you $20 for your $5 lunch and you kept the change you blew that $15? It's kind of like that.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Those big black SUVs you notice so much on TV are Secret Service vehicles. I detest SUVs but I think this is one of the rare situations where their use is merited. I don't want the President's life endangered to make a gas efficency statement.

The regular government vehicles I see around here are basically US econo sedans, typical fleet cars. Outside of police cars my state has been using small size US economy cars for the most part for at least a decade. The governor will have a Lincoln or the equivalent, but I won't begrudge her that.

In fact back two years or so the State of CT bought a small fleet of Prius'es (Priuii?) which proved to be quite popular among state workers. I know several state workers that ended up buying one because of positive experiences with the work vehicle.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
Those big black SUVs you notice so much on TV are Secret Service vehicles. I detest SUVs but I think this is one of the rare situations where their use is merited. I don't want the President's life endangered to make a gas efficency statement.

The regular government vehicles I see around here are basically US econo sedans, typical fleet cars. Outside of police cars my state has been using small size US economy cars for the most part for at least a decade. The governor will have a Lincoln or the equivalent, but I won't begrudge her that.

In fact back two years or so the State of CT bought a small fleet of Prius'es (Priuii?) which proved to be quite popular among state workers. I know several state workers that ended up buying one because of positive experiences with the work vehicle.

Yep gov car/trucks have to meet standards for the job they are bought for. That suv you cry about just came back from towing a ditch witch to a site. That large car the cop drives has to meet certain standards to allow it to handle the equipmet and ability to move those that are arrested while beign safe and easy to maintains for the force.
and on and on...

Something the OP seems to know nothing about.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Greenies need to get happy with people having different needs. Some need small vehicles and some need large vehicles.

If it makes you feel better to rant on and on about all the injustices you perceive in the world, go for it. We're not listening. Well, we are, but we're laughing at you.