Seem to be having cpu heat issues like some help!

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well as the title states I been getting random reboots and after checking everything in my system I now see using speccy that my cpu is running as high as 80c and is much higher than the rest of my skylake system and all my other hardware seems good.

I am running my system stock so no over heating from that is happening.

I am not sure if I need another cooler but that seems to be only thing I see that need to be replaced.

Also this is while I running a game in the background to stress the cpu out more that I getting these temps.

The system has a couple of time give a a black screen and fan is running high speed which I need to reboot my PC to fix.

This is my current cooler https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856005
and think of replacing it with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXUTKEY/?tag=pcpapi-20

think that replacement be worth it to get or what other cooler is recommenced I would like a cooler that could stand up to some overclocking as well if I need to get a replacement anyways Thanks

posting for some feedback

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Well as the title states I been getting random reboots and after checking everything in my system I now see using speccy that my cpu is running as high as 80c and is much higher than the rest of my skylake system and all my other hardware seems good.

I am running my system stock so no over heating from that is happening.

I am not sure if I need another cooler but that seems to be only thing I see that need to be replaced.

Also this is while I running a game in the background to stress the cpu out more that I getting these temps.

The system has a couple of time give a a black screen and fan is running high speed which I need to reboot my PC to fix.

This is my current cooler https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856005
and think of replacing it with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXUTKEY/?tag=pcpapi-20

think that replacement be worth it to get or what other cooler is recommenced I would like a cooler that could stand up to some overclocking as well if I need to get a replacement anyways Thanks

posting for some feedback

If it's at stock, then that cooler should be fine.

It's not going to reboot from general overheating though. If your cooler was just not good enough, the chip would just throttle, not crash.

80C is not anywhere near a crash temp, I don't think.

A crash indicates a severe problem, such as a loose cooler or a totally ineffective cooler, for whatever reason.

Run XTU and look at the graphs and see if your chip is throttling.

Are you certain it's the CPU fan that is running at high speed?

Reactions: techmanc

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
I've got similar cooler (Gammaxx 400) on Athlon 860k and managed to run up to 4.2 GHz with 65°C. I don't know what exactly your system is, but 80°C is a bit too high in my taste.
Edit: I want to suggest Noctua NH-U14S. That's a damn good air cooler but very overkill to my current system.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well my case has fan speed control I made sure that set to max but I did not hear any speed increases but in my bios there were additional settings and I set the ones I could to max and cpu not running more than 45c while playing WoW in 4k so that seems to have been the problem thanks for all the help.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well PC still having a problem just now playing WoW the screen goes black, fan kicks in high speed, and I have logitech G510 and I can switch to different apps I use so PC is not locked up. So back to finding good cooling cpu fan and I dont want use a water cooling solution.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Well PC still having a problem just now playing WoW the screen goes black, fan kicks in high speed, and I have logitech G510 and I can switch to different apps I use so PC is not locked up. So back to finding good cooling cpu fan and I dont want use a water cooling solution.

So the system doesnt need to reboot, you can use the keyboard to tab out, to shut down WoW and restart that, correct? What are your basic specs? CPU, video card, OS, mobo, etc.. This could be a video driver issue, video card issue with its fans, mobo issue as much as a cpu heat one.

Also, for temp monitoring you might also try something like HWMonitor (by the cpu-z guys) , HWinfo, or OpenHardwareMonitor instead of Speccy.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Honestly, that still doesn't sound like a "CPU crash", it sounds like GPU or PSU to me.

Reactions: ao_ika_red

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Honestly, that still doesn't sound like a "CPU crash", it sounds like GPU or PSU to me.

All I know is when I use speccy the GPU is fine all of my other components check fine as well Storage, Motherboard, RAM is cool, and My GTX 1080p is 45c while gaming

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
So after I installed the new cooler I have not seen my 4 cpu cores go above 65c which is much better than the 80c + I was getting before!