Secret Window Movie - What happened? *Spoilers*

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
I didn't get it. Nothing really clicked to me at the end other than that the guy had multiple personalities.

One was evil, one was good.. whatever.. the same thing was done in "Identity."

Overall.. I thought the movie was pretty lame unless I missed something.

So.. the whole click was just that he had multiple personalities? Is that all there is to the movie? His personality killed everyone around him?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I'm confused what you're asking, sounds like you figured it out. I saw it yesterday and thought it was awesome

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I saw it yesterday. It reminded me of Fight Club with the imagining people up kinda deal.

Also score one more for when a bad guy wins.

xarmian

Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
I saw it yesterday. It reminded me of Fight Club with the imagining people up kinda deal.

Agreed.. what made the movie actually decent was the fact that the bad guy triumphed in the end.. very cryptic ending (actually very disgusting "epilogue" concept too, but that made it so much more enjoyable:))

-Dave

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
i thought it was a crappy movie. The plot was too cliche, meaning there have been enough movies where the guy imagines most everything that is going on yada yada yada.

This was supposed to be a scary/suspense movie but i found it just boring at times...kinda like mothman prophecies.

6/10 (was going to give it 4/10, but since johnny depp is in it, i gave 2 more points)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: xarmian
Originally posted by: Nocturnal

Agreed.. what made the movie actually decent was the fact that the bad guy triumphed in the end.. very cryptic ending (actually very disgusting "epilogue" concept too, but that made it so much more enjoyable:))

-Dave

and the guy did not get the girl either!

thenerdguy

Jan 24, 2003
I liked it,
SPOILERS

Not many movies make it where the bad guys wins and kills the girl/girls new boytoy/and dog/ and burns down the cool house. :)
I liked how you got to see is personality split!
It really threw me for a loop guessing who the bad guy really was. I had to give it 9/10

Nov 5, 2001
Keep in mind this story was actually written in 1991....other recent movies (i.e. Identity) did not influence the plot.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Keep in mind this story was actually written in 1991....other recent movies (i.e. Identity) did not influence the plot.

But that was a book. Most people nowdays are too lazy to read a book. They want someone elses ideas sppon fed to them.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
That movie reminded me so much of a Tales from the Crypt feel to it.

I liked it but by far was not on the top of my list.

LinuxIdiot

Golden Member
May 20, 2002
I enjoyed the whole biting into the corn after panning the cornfield while talking bout the deaths.

Problem I had were times where something would happen and you would expect a sound but it was just straight silence like when the wife fell and hit her head on a rock?? Where was the thump? Overall I liked the movie, especially like the bit where he had the braces and cut hair and was hitting on the lady standing in front of the cashier at the store :D

Sspidie99

Feb 25, 2004
I liked that movie, however I didn't live up to my expectations. Sort of wierd and pyschotic. Didn't figure out the personality differences until the middle of the movie. The whole house burning thing finally cemented my theory of mutilple personalites.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
horribly lame movie. lameness even depp can't cover. i was horribly dissapointed.