Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
http://www.timesleader.com/new...gation_unfounded_.html

SCRANTON ? The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled ?kill him? when presidential hopeful Barack Obama?s name was mentioned during Tuesday?s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama?s name a man in the audience shouted ?kill him."

News organizations including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC?s Countdown with Keith Olbermann reported the claim, with most attributing the allegations to the Times-Tribune story.

Agent Bill Slavoski said he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.

?I was baffled,? he said after reading the report in Wednesday?s Times-Tribune.

He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell ?kill him.?

?We have yet to find someone to back up the story,? Slavoski said. ?We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.?

Hackett said he did not hear the remark.

Slavoski said Singleton was interviewed Wednesday and stood by his story but couldn?t give a description of the man because he didn?t see him he only heard him.

When contacted Wednesday afternoon, Singleton referred questions to Times-Tribune Metro Editor Jeff Sonderman. Sonderman said, ?We stand by the story. The facts reported are true and that?s really all there is.?

Slavoski said the agents take such threats or comments seriously and immediately opened an investigation but after due diligence ?as far as we?re concerned it?s closed unless someone comes forward.? He urged anyone with knowledge of the alleged incident to call him at 346-5781. ?We?ll run at all leads,? he said.

Let me just say, if anyone DID say to "Kill Him" about Obama, its disgusting and pathetic and totally ignorant.

Probably the only thing more pathetic than actually yelling "Kill Him" is those who report this as fact based on the claim of ONE MAN who cant describe the person he said yelled it out.

You would think, with the hundreds of cameras, video cameras and microphones as these rallies, there would be at least ONE source we could confirm this with.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I look forward to your "Obama Pals around with Terrorists" debunking thread. :thumbsup:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Interesting because I heard it numerous times as they replayed the tape.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
It was pretty clear on tape. Interviewing "dozens" of die-hard Palin supporters isn't exactly going to get their full cooperation on outing one of their own.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Palin's "smile" to the crowd said it all.
Told it all.
Shows the kind of people she really is. Racist!!!!

I remember the 1960's hate campaign from George Wallace well. Very well.
My father was part of that, I hate to admit.

Yes, Palin IS a racist!!! I know the smell. I know the code words. I know that "look".

Ps... You doubt racist still run for office? Walk in the light of day? Enjoy spreading hate?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: sportage
Told it all.

Yes, Palin IS a racist!!! I know the smell. I know the code words. I know that "look".

Ps... You doubt racist still run for office? Walk in the light of day? Enjoy spreading hate?
You are totally clueless.

Palin is from a very white state. If you have ever lived in a far north state, I went to high school in Maine, you would understand that there is virtually NO racism because there are no blacks around.

People don't grow up hating blacks because they never see blacks.

Most of the racism in our country is in the south where it is passed from generation to generation. But up north there is nothing to pass along.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Like I said, I remember well Mr. George Wallace.
Mccain's campaign has been the most racist campaign since the 1960's.
Mccain asked "do we really know Obama?"
Code word right from the 1960's Wallace campaign.
The Mccain/Palin code words are too many to keep track of.

If there is poetic justice, we'll catch a Palin "open mic" comment.
Then... watch Mccain's reaction.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Thats the reason they don't hate blacks? :confused:

you guys are amazing special people.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Told it all.

Palin is from a very white state. If you have ever lived in a far north state, I went to high school in Maine, you would understand that there is virtually NO racism because there are no blacks around.

Most of the racism in our country is in the south where it is passed from generation to generation. But up north there is nothing to pass along.
What a clueless moron. You ever been to Boston? Yeah there's a lot of enlightened Liberals here but there is also the Irish and Italian working class and a significant minority of them are extremely prejudiced against Blacks. I know because they are my neighbors and I hear their ignorance all the time.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Told it all.

Take it from me. I live in the whitest state in America. You need help PJ. You are severly wacko.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Told it all.

Totally false. I live in a very white state in the midwest and there is plenty of racism. True, like you said, you don't hear it or see it as much simply because there is not as much opportunity to express it. However, the racism would become obvious if certain people here were transplanted to more mixed communities.

I'm not making the claim that Palin is a racist, just saying that growing up in an all white state does not prevent her from being one. She still sees all cultures in the various media outlets. She still holds preconceptions.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Told it all.

Disagree. I lived in an Ohio suburb of Cleveland and my school had 1 black student. Despite the lack of diversity there was plenty of racism when I was there.

Edit: And we're diverting the OP with this discussion. As far as the topic goes, I seriously doubt they're going to find any Palin supporters who are going to stand up and confirm anything their fellow supporters were shouting.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If you smile you are a racist!

This takes the cake. Oh, I forgot, a true die-hard liberal is always angry and wares a giant sour puss on his face 24/7 and is so full of hate that they can not sleep at night.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Told it all.

I don't mean to pile on Johnnie but racism is not 'regioinal' in nature.

Originally posted by: piasabird
If you smile you are a racist!

This takes the cake. Oh, I forgot, a true die-hard liberal is always angry and wares a giant sour puss on his face 24/7 and is so full of hate that they can not sleep at night.

Yah know, in the midterm 2006 elections Republicans played the ""Democrats=Hate"" card.

How'd that work out for yah?

Dawggoneit ... Blessyurlittleheart ... Youbetcha .... It Failed.

Grunt03

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2000
Wait aren't these the same guys that said there were WMD's in Iraq? It should be no surprise that they consider everything to be unfounded. If they find any of it to be true then it looks bad for the McSame Camp for not addressing the issue.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
People don't grow up into racists. They are tought by their igrorant assed parents.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Grunt03
Wait aren't these the same guys that said there were WMD's in Iraq? It should be no surprise that they consider everything to be unfounded. If they find any of it to be true then it looks bad for the McSame Camp for not addressing the issue.

The secret service said that? :confused:

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01

They also don't grow up fearing the bogeyman, goblins or monsters either, since they don't see those.

Back to the OP. Is someone asserting that the shouts didn't happen?

Also the title to this thread is incorrect. Unfounded would mean it has no factual basis. The reporters heard it themselves and I believe there is even audio. If you're outright calling them liars, please say so plainly so we know where you're coming from.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: yowolabi
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01

They also don't grow up fearing the bogeyman, goblins or monsters either, since they don't see those.

Back to the OP. Is someone asserting that the shouts didn't happen?

Also the title to this thread is incorrect. Unfounded would mean it has no factual basis. The reporters heard it themselves and I believe there is even audio. If you're outright calling them liars, please say so plainly so we know where you're coming from.

Many people. I figured they were just idiots or lying because its everywhere on the web, but they kept repeating it didn't happpen, so I posted it for them.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

[/quote]

From the Palin vid:

"I'm just so fearful that this is not a man who sees american the way you and I see america. I'm afraid this is someone who sees america as imperfect enough to work with a former domestic terrorist"

fudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfudfud

Course McCain then said at another rally "You don't have to be afraid of Obama."

Well gee, if your running mate keeps telling people that she is scared shitless of this guy who's buddy-buddy with terrorists, surprise at such a reaction can hardly be called genuine.