Question Secret Lab Titan gaming chair impressions

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
OK, so it's a chair, but here's the thing: this chair is amazing, lol. I just bought a cheaper gaming chair for $240 and thought that would be a great upgrade over my old office max squeaky as hell office chair, but it wasn't. 2 days after getting it, that gaming chair was squeaking like crazy and felt like a piece of garbage. it was unstable and just all plastic-ish. Also, it was welded together crooked. I got a full refund and bought the Secret Lab Titan instead for $400. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I am actually surprised at how much quality $400 can get you. I didn't expect anything quite this nice. This chair is only about $150 more than the piece of crap I just had before and the difference in quality is absolutely hilarious and completely disproportionate to that $150. The Titan totally blows that other thing away. It was a DowinX gaming chair and was a real piece of crap.
This thing is totally solid with not a squeak to be heard. It feels like someone ripped it out of a $100,000 sports car and stuck it on a wheel base and called it a gaming chair. It's amazing. I do highly recommend.

Reactions: bigboxes

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
With the name and logo stitched into the back, I'm not so sure there's anything "secret" about it. ;)

It's not a bad looking chair, but I personally don't like most gaming chairs with the loud branding on it.

7.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I've got a DXRacer chair and I rarely game. The thing is made for sitting in for long periods of time. You don't stick to it and you don't feel fatigued. It's made to hold 300 lbs and I'm half that. At times I wish it were of better quality, but I think I paid $400-450 back in the day. It's 6-years old.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Isnt anything branded "gaming" sort of low quality? Evert pepherial I've ever bought branded gaming, including two chairs have failed on me after a couple of years... chairs, mouses, keyboards etc.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
IMO... all gaming chairs in general is a big no.... i will not recommend ANY of them unless your a live streamer and you need bling bling in your live streams.
Then if thats the case, there are a few...

Recaro:

Logitech Herman Miller.

The ONLY reason for the logitech is because i found out they are made and designed by Herman Miller, with logitech only suggesting the color and aesthetics.

But these are very pricey gaming chairs.... and i mean VERY VERY PRICEY, which you can probably get way better on a 24 hour business office chair for half the price.

It feels like someone ripped it out of a $100,000 sports car and stuck it on a wheel base and called it a gaming chair.

Thats the exact definition for the Recaro i linked.
They dominate @ high class / elite motor sport / aviation chairs, and basically its a very comfortable car seat plastered on rollers. LOL..

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
what's with the big void under the seat in that herman miller logitech chair?

i have an ikea chair and the arms are slightly unlevel.