Second WARNING about newegg - HyperX PC 3000

joe2004

Oct 14, 2003
This is not as dramatic but newegg is sending Winbond A00 revision module which are worse overclockers than A01, I guess Kingston run out of those. Still a great memory only not as good as A01. Make sure you know that. There might be a luck of draw and you get A01.

I have to add that my experience is that A00 in 512 MB sticks are excellent on Intel board, but some people are reporting that A01 goes much further in terms of overclocking. Just make sure you know what you want.

estew33

Aug 2, 2003
Hi All,
Isn't there a utility out there that tells you what ram and ram chips you have
Ed

joe2004

Oct 14, 2003
In this case it is only about the revision of the same memory so you wouldn't know until you purchase, it is written on the chip and you have no argument with a seller since it is as stated. In fact this memory is much faster than 370 MHz it is declared for. These are BH-5 chips by Winbond. Only some people are looking for the best and if you look at the prices you can notice that these sticks are "overpriced" more so than many higher rated sticks.

I think the BH-5 bonanza has passed, now only the most reputable are selling them, like Mushkin.