SEC catches up with Nikola founder Trevor Milton

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Seems as though luck has run out Nikola founder Trevor Milton as the SEC takes him into custody. They never produced a commercial product for sale and he purchased the most expensive ranch in UT after showing investors a short film of the Nikola One coasting downhill with a trailer while claiming it was moving on its own power. This guy is such a gem.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Seems as though luck has run out Nikola founder Trevor Milton as the SEC takes him into custody. They never produced a commercial product for sale and he purchased the most expensive ranch in UT after showing investors a short film of the Nikola One coasting downhill with a trailer while claiming it was moving on its own power. This guy is such a gem.

The presentations were so bogus, the truck had to plugged into a wall socket to get the lights to work.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Not only that they paid Bosch $26m each to build those prototypes they started showing off at the end. WTF?

• Wow

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Pretty much anyone who followed electric vehicles knew Trevor Milton and Nikola Motors were big fraud. At least over at Tesla Motors Club forum. I only had to watch one interview of Milton on Youtube to know he was complete fraud and was making everything up. We used to get so annoyed over at Tesla Motors Club investors forum because we could clearly see through all of Trevor Milton lies and yet for some bizarre reason, it was as if the rest of the world was blind and stupid and couldn't tell Milton and Nikola was complete fraud.

I love this quote by Trevor Milton from an article on Truckinginfo dated April 24, 2019. I got a big laugh out of it when I read it. I mean seriously? lol.

https://www.truckinginfo.com/330475...lle-of-the-new-nikola-hydrogen-electric-truck

"The entire infotainment system is a HTML 5 super computer," Milton said. "That's the standard language for computer programmers around the world, so using it let's us build our own chips. And HTML 5 is very secure. Every component is linked on the data network, all speaking the same language. It's not a bunch of separate systems that somehow still manage to communicate."

It's unfortunate lot of retail investors got suckered and taken by Trevor Milton and Wall Street. I tried to warn people Trevor Milton and Nikola Motors were complete scam like Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, but I don't know how many people listened.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/official-2020-stock-market-thread.2574789/post-40213002

Anyone who read my post back then could've easily avoided this fraud. But people were so eager to find the next Tesla and Elon Musk that they were willing to overlook and believe anything. There's only one Elon Musk and Tesla.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

If this is true. Yikes.

"Prosecutors said that, in fact, the prototypes that had been unveiled didn’t function and were Frankenstein monsters cobbled together from parts from other vehicles. At public events, the vehicles were allegedly towed into position and were powered by plugs leading from hidden wall sockets.

In one instance, in which the vehicle was filmed for a promotional film, tape was used to keep the doors of a truck prototype from opening, prosecutors said. To make it appear the truck was driving, it was towed to the top of a hill and then rolled down to the bottom, according to the indictment."

• Haha

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Suddenly, Trump getting elected seems that much more explicable.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm not really surprised. This will keep happening until examples are made and the traitors in government are purged.