Seattle bans words 'citizen' and 'brown bag'. WOW

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
oh no ive just offended stupid people

here's an idea, why dont we just have our vocal chords and the part of our brain that enables free thought removed at birth, then we will be much better employees for our masters

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I did not know that about "brown bag" I assumed it was meant for poor people or frugal people who "brown bagged" their lunch (couldn't afford to eat out during lunch).

As for citizens. You have to understand that Seattle is relatively close to the border so there are a lot of Canadian expats in Seattle. I can understand how that is offensive because these expats are productive members of Seattle society and when government addresses Seattle people as citizens, they can feel excluded.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
It's simple you don't like the laws in Seattle, don't live there.

Or raise awareness and vote against them. Even for those of us not in Seattle, it's still a worthy topic of debate and discussion.

Last edited:

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
For anybody unaware, there is a huge class divide in Seattle and it is growing. If you don't drive a minimum $40k car, you are a piece of shit, must have fucked up your life, must be a drug addict, must be worthless.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I've never heard of brown bag used like that but I've never lived in a house with servants or been part of a black fraternity.

I can't think of a time I've been referred to as "citizen" outside of video games.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I did not know that about "brown bag" I assumed it was meant for poor people or frugal people who "brown bagged" their lunch (couldn't afford to eat out during lunch).

As for citizens. You have to understand that Seattle is relatively close to the border so there are a lot of Canadian expats in Seattle. I can understand how that is offensive because these expats are productive members of Seattle society and when government addresses Seattle people as citizens, they can feel excluded.

Fuck Them. Either they should become citizens or carry their ass back to Canadia the frozen wasteland.

I thought Canadia was supposed to be great. Why would they want to even come here?

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Fuck Them. Either they should become citizens or carry their ass back to Canadia the frozen wasteland.

I thought Canadia was supposed to be great. Why would they want to even come here?

The logic is simply hilarious. They chose to come to the U.S to work and live as a non-citizen and they are offended they aren't treated as a citizen? Have a cake and eat it too?

Let's not even start with the illegals, screw the fact they broke the bloody law and let's care about for their tiny whiny feelings.

Usual nutty leftist logic. And I'm not a U.S citizen BTW, it's amazing how many PC nutters you over there.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
For anybody unaware, there is a huge class divide in Seattle and it is growing. If you don't drive a minimum $40k car, you are a piece of shit, must have fucked up your life, must be a drug addict, must be worthless.
I always thought Seattle was some kind of liberal "Mecca" where progs, libs and lefties practiced all that tolerance they are so famous for. Sounds like there is a lot of old fashioned discrimination going on.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
I always thought Seattle was some kind of liberal "Mecca" where progs, libs and lefties practiced all that tolerance they are so famous for. Sounds like there is a lot of old fashioned discrimination going on.

They can't tolerate people that demands a semblance of self-responsibility and opposes to affirmative action because that would be Hitler reincarnated but they sure can tolerate a violent religious cult of misogynists, child rapists and honor killers, because those are only misunderstood "people".