Sean Hannity doesn't think the the rightwing organizes boycotts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/sean-hannity-challenges-guest-and-viewers-f

If you watch Bill Maher's show, he has a segment every week about Republicans 'being in a bubble', where they're impervious to reality. The funny thing is that this isn't even a comprehensive list; if they spent more time, they could probably come up with pages upon pages of rightwing boycotts. The other thing to note is that the right boycotts stuff for the most despicable of reasons (see: the Ellen Degeneres boycott).

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011

If you watch Bill Maher's show, he has a segment every week about Republicans 'being in a bubble', where they're impervious to reality. The funny thing is that this isn't even a comprehensive list; if they spent more time, they could probably come up with pages upon pages of rightwing boycotts. The other thing to note is that the right boycotts stuff for the most despicable of reasons (see: the Ellen Degeneres boycott).

Is the right not the group that keeps telling peopleto protest with their wallets if they don't like big corporations?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Is the right not the group that keeps telling peopleto protest with their wallets if they don't like big corporations?

I think they just advocate boycotting entire countries over realizing ahead of time that an invasion would be a cluster-f***.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Guess Sean never watches the guy on before him, you know the guy with the highest rated show on their network, Bill O'. Remember his calls to boycott france, Canada, the Dixie Chicks, etc. What a total tool Sean Insanity is.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Wasn't King Anal Cyst trying to get everyone to boycott GM after the bail out?

I recall hearing about a Citgo boycott sometime ago. That Chavez had some nerve not letting us remove him from power.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Just completely laughable. Like I said in the Limbaugh thread right wing tactic is we don't have any facts but we'll just say shit and hope it sticks. It amazes me the Fox opinion shows get ratings with this MO

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Who cares? The Boycott is an American tradition that goes back to the stamp tax and the TEA tax. It is just voting with your pocketbook.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Sean Hannity doesn't think the the rightwing organizes boycotts

Don't often watch Hannity, so don't know. But would "organizes" be the operative word here?

Of course they boycott stuff. I just don't know if they organize it/them.

Fern

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Who cares? The Boycott is an American tradition that goes back to the stamp tax and the TEA tax. It is just voting with your pocketbook.

The issue isn't that there's something wrong with boycotts. It's that Hannity said conservatives do not boycott, but they do.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Don't often watch Hannity, so don't know. But would "organizes" be the operative word here?

Of course they boycott stuff. I just don't know if they organize it/them.

Fern

Read the examples in the article about conservative groups organizing boycotts.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Read the examples in the article about conservative groups organizing boycotts.

So, "calling" for one = "organizing" one?

Honestly don't know what people mean by "organizing" one. I would think there's more to it than just calling for one. E.g., I might call for all my county commissioners to be put out of office, but I would be honestly surprised if someone characterized that as me "organizing" an effort to have them thrown out of office. I would think that require a higher level of effort, like calling people, organizing meetings etc.

Ahhh. Never mind. I suppose this is a bit semantical and I don't care about Hannity anyway.

Also, somewhere in here is the definition of "right wing" groups. Personally, I'm not accustomed to considering religious groups as "right wing". E.g., I've always thought of the Catholic church as holding an awful lot of left-wing type positions. I realize they are opposed to gay marriage, but that seems tenuous litmus test to define right wing groups. The groups in the article I bothered to google claimed to be non-partisan 501(c)(3) organizations promoting religious values.

Fern

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Sean Hannity doesn't think

There's your problem, right there.

On a somewhat more serious note, I'll have to check out the link in the OP. I'm just talking out of my butt right now without any real facts, which is what I expect Hannity to do on his show.

BRB, educatin' myself...

:whiste:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
There's your problem, right there.

On a somewhat more serious note, I'll have to check out the link in the OP. I'm just talking out of my butt right now without any real facts, which is what I expect Hannity to do on his show.

BRB, educatin' myself...

:whiste:

Yep, watched the link. My previous (yet uneducated) opinion still stands. Hannity is being disingenuous. He is mad that some "left wing media conspiracy" calls the right out on their bullshit. The existence (or perceived existence) of a segment of the left scrutinizing right-wing media such as FNC or Rush Limbaugh does not excuse the perfectly legitimate criticisms that they have. Yet, it seems that is what Hannity is trying to weasel into the national conversation.

Rush Limbaugh calls someone a slut/whore/prostitute on AM radio nationwide for expressing her political opinion, doubles down the next day with even more outrageous misogynist statements, and he expects the left to just let it be? You are damn right that people (not necessarily left or right) are outraged over this. Pressuring his sponsors to back out is a perfectly legitimate response to someone who makes such statements on public airwaves without a sincere apology.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
"So, "calling" for one = "organizing" one?"

=

What does "is" mean?

/facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.