May 15, 2008

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Gamerankings scores for Medal of Honor: Warfighter

PS3: 53.57%
X360: 53.36%
PC: 51.42%

On topic I think the Seals should know better. They probably saw dollar signs though.

It's no secret how a trained spec ops soldier holds a gun or how they perform a breach and clear. That's been portrayed in everything from TV to Movies and other video games.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Hope this game gets good reviews, might be interesting though I didn't like Modern Warfare.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter has already been on the market for a couple of weeks now, and no, the reviews have not been very positive.

It's actually quite puzzling. Activision releases a new CoD every single year, with little to no new features or innovation, and gets away with good reviews. Meanwhile, EA releases MoH:WF, the second MoH game to come out in over 5 years, it arguably trumps CoD in almost every way, and yet they get smacked in the face with mediocre reviews? Some people even call it the "pinnacle of generic military shooters", even though CoD already held that title years ago. I just think it's kinda sad that people are singling out MoH:WF unjustifiably.

Sorry, I'm just rambling. I've been playing the game occasionally since release and I kinda like it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Medal of Honor: Warfighter has already been on the market for a couple of weeks now, and no, the reviews have not been very positive.

It's actually quite puzzling. Activision releases a new CoD every single year, with little to no new features or innovation, and gets away with good reviews. Meanwhile, EA releases MoH:WF, the second MoH game to come out in over 5 years, it arguably trumps CoD in almost every way, and yet they get smacked in the face with mediocre reviews? Some people even call it the "pinnacle of generic military shooters", even though CoD already held that title years ago.

Sorry, just rambling. I've been playing the game occasionally since release and I kinda like it.

It's because there are no zombies and no XP bonus on your Mt.Dew can.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Hope this game gets good reviews, might be interesting though I didn't like Modern Warfare.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...-sharing-awesome-secrets-video-172903077.html

I realize you quoted this becauise it seems pretty funny/damning but it actually makes no sense. You know how long it would take to show them where to find Bin Ladin's body? About 5 seconds as they hand over coordinates or use their finger to point on the spot on Google Earth/Maps. I know you didn't write the article but it's a little ridiculous.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I realize you quoted this becauise it seems pretty funny/damning but it actually makes no sense. You know how long it would take to show them where to find Bin Ladin's body? About 5 seconds as they hand over coordinates or use their finger to point on the spot on Google Earth/Maps. I know you didn't write the article but it's a little ridiculous.

I wasn't sure if they meant the burial at sea site or where he was actually killed in the compound. I also wasn't sure if they didn't reveal that for legal/security reasons or for spoilers if one of the missions in the new MOH game is to kill Bin Ladin.

That would actually be pretty cool to hunt him down in a video game.

I remember something like that is Soldier of Fortune, you got real close to Saddam Hussien but never got to kill him.. too bad.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

It's actually quite puzzling. Activision releases a new CoD every single year, with little to no new features or innovation, and gets away with good reviews. Meanwhile, EA releases MoH:WF, the second MoH game to come out in over 5 years, it arguably trumps CoD in almost every way, and yet they get smacked in the face with mediocre reviews? Some people even call it the "pinnacle of generic military shooters", even though CoD already held that title years ago. I just think it's kinda sad that people are singling out MoH:WF unjustifiably.

Sorry, I'm just rambling. I've been playing the game occasionally since release and I kinda like it.

I haven't played the newest MoH but the previous one was total garbage. Worse than any of the CoD games.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
They probably did nothing wrong and are being allowed to act as if they are in trouble to get more game sales as a reward for a job well done.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

IGN: NEWEST CAWA DUTY IS GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS

mrtpp.gif