Seagate Warranty?

Discussion in 'Memory and Storage' started by Athena, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Athena

Athena Golden Member

Is there anywhere I can get pre-purchase information about the warranty on Seagate drives? Seagate retail kits used to carry a 5-year warranty and that's what is shown at Amazon for this drive. Newegg though, shows only a 2-year warranty for the same model number. How do I know which is correct?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Seagate Warranty Forum Date
    Why is Seagate 600 series 256GB SSD only warrantied for ~37TB writes? Memory and Storage Nov 22, 2013
    Seagate have lowered drive warranty lengths again Memory and Storage Feb 8, 2012
    Western Digital and Seagate reducing warranties on HDDs Memory and Storage Dec 19, 2011
    Does anyone know what will happen to warranty w/ Samsung drives now Seagate owns it? Memory and Storage Sep 16, 2011
    Will Seagate warranty my drive? Memory and Storage Jan 29, 2010

3. Elixer

Elixer Diamond Member

1 year warranty is what seagate does now, except for the constellation class drives.

http://www.storagereview.com/western_digital_and_seagate_cut_hard_drive_warranty_lengths

#2 Elixer, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. geekinit101

geekinit101 Banned

5. Athena

Athena Golden Member

I'm in the process of replacing a 5-year, 2-month old drive. AMEX extended warranty refunded the purchase price, which means I have enough to buy two drives -- one as a desktop replacement and one for my server. I ordered a WD Red drive for the server and am thinking of getting a Barracuda XT or WD Green for the desktop.