Seagate 300 GB PATA ST3300831A-RK (retail) - $119 - NO REBATES

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Why does every hot deal on HDD must always be PATA. Can't they switsh to SATA already?

On the side note, that price is really low, even for PATA, could it be a price mistake? If not then HDD prices on high capacities are finally going down, would be good if it was actually true.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
This has been at this current price for some time now.

Rebate is very quick as well, handled by Parago (if it goes to mesa, AZ).

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: fleshconsumed
Why does every hot deal on HDD must always be PATA. Can't they switsh to SATA already?

Cuz the mfg are charging more for their SATA drives. And as far as drives this size I would assume that they are being used for storage drives. In that case it would be perfectly fine to have a PATA drive. If you need the cute little cable I believe you can buy an adapter that will allow you to use one.

ss284

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
These 7200.8s are pretty slow compared to the competition. The 300gb model has the smaller 100gb platters, meaning slower transfer rates. However if all you want is a quiet drive for file storage this should be fine.

Kovie

Sep 18, 2002

On the side note, that price is really low, even for PATA, could it be a price mistake? If not then HDD prices on high capacities are finally going down, would be good if it was actually true.

Monarch has a 320gb SATA drive for $140 shipped in another thread if thats more your liking.

poisonthewell

Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Kipper
This has been at this current price for some time now.

Rebate is very quick as well, handled by Parago (if it goes to mesa, AZ).

Yes it has been this price before - after rebate. You might want to note the last two words in the topic.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Kovie

Monarch has a 320gb SATA drive for $140 shipped in another thread if thats more your liking.

Yes, I jumped on that one. Needed a new boot drive, my old trustworth Barra4 was getting way too slow (although still the quetest drive ever made).