Screenshot to file with single key press in windows 7

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Any program or way to set up something so when I hit print screen it just saves a screenshot directly to a folder? Idealy something that works in full screen games too. Closest thing I found is Irfanview, but it minimizes the game when you hit the hot key. I can't seem to find much when googling other than downloading a random program, which I don't like doing unless someone can personally vouch for one. (too much junk out there with spyware etc)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I just tried fraps, but it crashed within 2 minutes and took the entire system with it as it disabled the mouse and keyboard (the game actually kept going). Going to need something more stable, any other options?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Some games have a built in screenshot hotkey. Steam has a built-in hotkey 'F12' which you can change along with the folder. Steam - Settings - In-Game. Other clients may have a similar option.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The fraps crash seems to have been a one time crash, seems ok now. I just want something that is catch all that will work for all games.

Nick Arthur

Jan 16, 2016
Can Fraps do a screenshot? I only know it can capture video clips. Similar ones I know is a website tool named as ShowMore. You choose to record in full screen mode and open your game, then it will work. Just use hotkeys to control recording or not. But for taking screenshot, you can check about this one.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It does screenshoot too. Too bad it saves to bmp though, so have to convert to another format before uploading. Suppose I can batch it with some kind of script if I plan to take lot of screenshots or something.