Screen Flickering with new GPU

nerokyrie

Feb 6, 2013
so i purchased HD xfx 7850 2GB. and CM 625 extreme 2 psu.. i have some issues.

my screen is flickering somewhat during boot up and in games.

any ideas why it would b?

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
so i purchased HD xfx 7850 2GB. and CM 625 extreme 2 psu.. i have some issues.

my screen is flickering somewhat during boot up and in games.

any ideas why it would b?

You might have a bad card. Or, possibly need to update your mobo bios. Reseat the card and check all of your card's connections. If it's doing it before you boot into Windows then it's not a driver issue.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
What a surprise its a ATT card.

That is what you get for not doing the morally right thing and get a EVGA nVidia card....... ATI will always be second place. just like AMD is second place and Intel is first.

nothing new

Last edited:

nerokyrie

Feb 6, 2013
Hi,

I have latest mobo bios.
it turned out to be hdmi to vga connector issue. no screen flickering while booting but still a bit of flickering during games. i have latest amd drivers.

Since i have got this new gpu, my system's clock is not working. it's getting reset to some random date and time at every boot.

Any idea about this.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Hi,

I have latest mobo bios.
it turned out to be hdmi to vga connector issue. no screen flickering while booting but still a bit of flickering during games. i have latest amd drivers.

Since i have got this new gpu, my system's clock is not working. it's getting reset to some random date and time at every boot.

Any idea about this.

How old is your system? Could be a coincidence that your motherboard battery is going dead at around the same time as the other issue.

nerokyrie

Feb 6, 2013
My system is about about 4 years old.

Regarding screen flickering, I forgot to mention: I took my system to the shop to have it tested and there wasn't any screen flickering with their monitor. Hence, they didn't replace it. But, when I came back to my place, I still see a bit of flickering in COD4 MP game but no more during boot up.

My monitor(View sonic 17 Inch LCD) works fine with my old gpu(Nvidia GT 220) but not with this new GPU.

I'm just having all issues since I purchased this new GPU. Really dishearted.:(