screaming at the debate...

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: PatboyX
what was that guy screaming?
i couldnt understand it at all.

I believe he was complaining about a candidate not included in the debate.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Ask Kamazon. Actually, maybe it was him. 3 times by my count....

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Couldn't catch what he said but I like Reverend Al's response. The guy shut up after that.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001

From Foxnews.com
----------------
About 20 minutes into the debate, a spectator in the audience began shouting, disrupting Florida Sen. Bob Graham, who was explaining why he voted against the war in Iraq.

After a few minutes of the screaming disruption, Sharpton interrupted to broad laughter, saying, "Y'all don't get to the Black Caucus debate and start acting up now."

However, after the second disruption in which a candidate screamed for perennial candidates Lyndon LaRouche, candidates registered frustration on their faces.

Sharpton again retorted to the audience: "Will you all respect our right to be heard like we have respected everybody else."

Several outbursts later, Sharpton said that if security there could not contain the room, members of his National Action Network would.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
LaRouche is a democratic canidate. He was excluded from the debate. In the opinion of his supporters, LaRouche kills anyone he debates against and has not been invited to one for several years.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: chrisms
LaRouche is a democratic canidate. He was excluded from the debate. In the opinion of his supporters, LaRouche kills anyone he debates against and has not been invited to one for several years.

well, i think the democrats usually frown on wanton murder. maybe if he stopped he'd be invited to play games with the rest of the neighborhood kids.

does he really destory them? i thought this debate was very civil and had very little actual debate. it seemed mostly designed as a publicity "meet the canidates" sort of thing. now: why was this guy not invited?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: PatboyX

well, i think the democrats usually frown on wanton murder. maybe if he stopped he'd be invited to play games with the rest of the neighborhood kids.

does he really destory them? i thought this debate was very civil and had very little actual debate. it seemed mostly designed as a publicity "meet the canidates" sort of thing. now: why was this guy not invited?

Yeah - I just got back from watching the rerun of the debate at my brother's place. I found the LaRouche supporters amusing and annoying. Also as you pointed out PayboyX - none of the "candidates" gave much of "debate" type performance tonight. It seemed like another -'who can bring up Bush the most' type of contest. They said what they don't like about what is happening and what Bush is doing, but gave VERY little info on what they would do for the country - idea wise. I heard alot of "not what Bush is doing" type stuff. Did anyone catch the little eyeroll(ish) glace Lieberman gave Braun when she made a quip about it being Republicans that were shouting? Does she not have a clue that the LaRouchies hate Lieberman? Bah - like she has a chance anyway but still:p
I found it interesting that it took two rounds of the last part to get 2-3 "maybe-no" statements for the 87 Billion for Iraq - and really there was only 1(Kucinich) Kerry was pushed into it and Edwards kind of backtracked - but the rest(minus Sharpton and Braun) were for and against the funding:p Again - no REAL answers to the tough questions.
Dean wasn't impressive to me(not that he ever did;)) tonight but then again none of the other candidates said a whole lot that meant much. If I had to pick a winner from tonight - it'd be a tie between Sharpton and Lieberman. Both seemed to have some constructive things to say and seemed more defined in their vision to "help" America.

Meh - what do you care what I think - It's not like any of them are going to get my vote anyway...well maybe Edwards(if forced to vote for one of them at gunpoint) but then there is that whole issue about entitlements that I don't like.

CkG

Jan 12, 2003

Who would want to invite him, given that he will "kill" them?

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
What they were yelling is "Where's LaRouche ?"
Indicating that they were not happy that LaRouche was not a part of the debate.

You can almost bet that the 'Vocal Yokels' were either plants by LaRouche,
or paid by the 'Ruchies to disrupt the procedings.

I see no viable function for LaRouche, as he is too radical for the extremists.

The only other possibility is that there was some Republican 'Dirty Trix' - like
the Repubs did in the Chicago convention in '68 when Nixon's Machine paid for
Radicals to disrupt the Democratic National Convention.

Oh what the hell