Schools are going to crap...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 25, 2006
The fact that schools are doing random searches are nothing new.

Also, you give up rights when you enter school. Deal with it.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Colt45
hahaha. drug searches in highschool. land of the free. yeah! USA!

Well the sign does say drug free zone and not dumbass free zone.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Colt45
hahaha. drug searches in highschool. land of the free. yeah! USA!
What's wrong with the high school searching THEIR LOCKER that they let the students use? It's not private property.

I see no problem with it at all.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Maybe they would stop doing drug searches if they did not keep finding so many drugs? You have to be a stupid douche to bring drugs to school. I laugh at the idiots being busted. It truly seems that kids are getting dumber.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: glutenberg
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
What is even weirder is your lack of spelling ability.

What is he spelling wrong? My eyes are going bad.

The only spelling errors are "wierdness" and "alot". Well, "alot" isn't a spelling error, it's just not a word. A lot of people make that mistake though, montypythizzle is really grasping for straws with this one, this kid is a perfectly good speller for the most part.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
LOL, OP got busted? Or his friend got busted?

Drug searches are cool. We had them in our school regularly, and it is one of top high schools in the country, as well as best school in Houston.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: YoungGun21
The last few days the administration has been doing drug searches (lockers, parking lot, etc.). Today they brought the K-9 and quite a few people got busted for drugs. I know alot of people got questioned. We were on "lockdown" (couldn't go in the hallways) for about an hour.

On top of that there have been a heck of a lot of fights going on.

Wierdness

that sounds funny coming fomr you bookbag boy

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Its not that its a new problem, its just that we are finally starting to acknowledge it.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Originally posted by: altonb1
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
Schools have been going to crap for the last 50 years or so, since just after the last World War occurred. After that point, the ideas of indoctrinating the masses to fit the governments predetermined molds really took shape, and it resulted in a gradual decline in the quality of education. Just look at the fact that they are now introducing religious ideology like baseless creationism in schools just to appease the Bible thumpers. This is just furthering their warped agenda at manipulating belief systems rather than actually teaching them anything of value. Schools today are there mostly as temporary babysisters who watch the kids for a few hours so the parents can work at menial jobs that no longer require any education at all, like working in fast food, or trash collecting.

The primary function of schools through grade 12 today is attitude control (beat them down continuously until submissive) and churning out athletes who can't talk, read or write properly. They then go on to college and get cheerleaders to do all their work for them. Then they appear to actually graduate and then join a pro sports team. This obvious pro sports training agenda in college would be better served if these muscle brained steroid freaks just went to some sort of sports training academy and skipped the pretense of learning in college altogether. Then the colleges could free up funds and dorms for people who actually might help fix all the worlds problems, like starvation and disease. The only people the jocks help is themselves first, and the various advertisers who sell stuff like commercials on TV and beer at games.

For example, if an asteroid was about to hit the Earth, I doubt dumb jocks in space could do much to fix the problem, but it sure couldn't hurt to pack a few rockets up with them as a payload to help alter the asteroids course when we crash them into it. :thumbsup:

The "jocks" gave you wedgies a lot in school, didn't they?

No, actually, I was one of the jocks. But I personally never enjoyed putting my hand down the butt crack of other guys to dig for their underwear like some did. Kinda gross. I had personal handlers to do the dirty work for me. While I took pictures.

WedgieGirls

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Every generation is worse than the one that preceeded it. Kids nowadays suck compared to me when I was a kid. Yet, when I was a kid, I heard the same thing about my generation...