School Shooting in Glendale Arizona

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I could see why they wouldn't want students to be tweeting right now. Still kind of lame if they are wasting time policing student texting and calling.

Not much info right now, but sad to see someone was killed.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I could see why they wouldn't want students to be tweeting right now. Still kind of lame if they are wasting time policing student texting and calling.

Not much info right now, but sad to see someone was killed.

Its a power thing. HS was 10 years ago now, but even then, most of the admin people I ran into loved to show you how powerful they were.

I imagine right now they think they are helping by making sure kids dont give misinformation. The flip side is that parents are worried sick and the administration is making sure the parents do find out until they want them to find out.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
My guess is this wasn't a murder suicide but a suicide pact. We'll probably know more in a few days.

Brian

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
I found an article that says the two girls were in a relationship together. So it was likely a murder-suicide. I'm not going to link the article because they showed pictures of the girls, who are minors...

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I found an article that says the two girls were in a relationship together. So it was likely a murder-suicide. I'm not going to link the article because they showed pictures of the girls, who are minors...

Despite the left wing rhetoric that straight males are the worst thing to ever happen to the planet, some recent studies have begun to show that homosexual relationships have higher rates of violence than heterosexual ones, and lesbian moreso than gay.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Despite the left wing rhetoric that straight males are the worst thing to ever happen to the planet, some recent studies have begun to show that homosexual relationships have higher rates of violence than heterosexual ones, and lesbian moreso than gay.

Well that is clearly biased. Given that all sexual relationships in prison are homosexual by necessity and that many prisoners are violent sociopaths, there is naturally gonna be some correlation there. Remove the prison stats and I doubt there is a connection. I have never walked down the street in fear of being mugged by some random gay dude. Put a guy in gang banger clothes and all my flight or faster flight instincts kick into full fear gear.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
You could also take into account that a gay couple has more stress applied to them by society, especially around the world, than heteros.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

*Citati-- nevermind.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
The murder victim may have told the suicide that she wasn't into her like that.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well that is clearly biased. Given that all sexual relationships in prison are homosexual by necessity and that many prisoners are violent sociopaths, there is naturally gonna be some correlation there. Remove the prison stats and I doubt there is a connection. I have never walked down the street in fear of being mugged by some random gay dude. Put a guy in gang banger clothes and all my flight or faster flight instincts kick into full fear gear.

What on god's green earth are you talking about? I'm talking about domestic violence studies.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
What on god's green earth are you talking about? I'm talking about domestic violence studies.

It looks like you are right. I did not know that.

The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1% and 20.4% for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation. Transgender respondents had an incidence of 34.6 percent over a lifetime according to a Massachusetts survey.

The CDC’s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, released again in 2013 with new analysis, reports in its first-ever study focusing on victimization by sexual orientation that the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner was 43.8 percent for lesbians, 61.1 percent for bisexual women, and 35 percent for heterosexual women, while it was 26 percent for gay men, 37.3 percent for bisexual men, and 29 percent for heterosexual men (this study did not include gender identity or expression).

These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter — in other words, that domestic violence is not an LGBT issue. In fact, it is one of our most serious health risks, affecting significant numbers within our communities.

http://www.advocate.com/crime/2014/09/04/2-studies-prove-domestic-violence-lgbt-issue