Scared of BALDING! What can I do now?

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
I'm 22 and co-workers around my age are losing hair.. it scares me. I want to know what helps me from balding?

Should I wear a hat?

Should I not go out in the sun?

Should I use a certain shampoo?

Should I use gel?

Should I eat more of something?

Should I massage my head?

Any tips would be helpful.. this is just scaring me.

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
Not stressing out over stupid sh1t that may not ever happen--like losing your hair.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
It's genetic, barring weird diseases or severe malnutrition.

If you're that scared, start a savings account at www.INGDirect.com to save up for hair plugs if you need them. Hair plugs are the only real solution except for using rogaine / propecia that cost money forever and can have some unpleasant side effects (the peach fuzz growth is itself a side effect, not the drugs' original purpose).

Me, I'm keeping the money in my mutual funds instead, and watching my hair approach the Starfleet Captain look. And I think I'll pass on the dead tribble hairpiece as well.

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Shave your head. Get an agressive buzz cut. I think Donald Trump was on Leno one time and they showed an altered picture with a buzz cut and I thought he looked better with it.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Shave it all off or quit whining about...

"I'm only 5'9" and I'm scared... should I go dangle off something holding an anvil to stretch myself out??"

Christ...

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Does it run in your family? If not, you probably have nothing to worry about. If you notice a receding hairline or thinning than start propecia and rogaine.