Scanner Not Working Exactly Right...

Sammy5000

Feb 25, 2003
Hey All...

I am running Windows XP Pro (SP1), and I am trying to get my Scanner (Canon Canoscan N670U) to automatically scan images and link to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Application, but I can't seem to find the .exe? I have it set to Microsoft Photo Editor right now, but I don't want that app.

Some background. My scanner comes with software (Scan Toolbox) that I usually do not like to install. When I initially connected my USB scanner, I installed the driver and tried to configure the scanner through Control Panel. But, I noticed that apparently, Microsoft Office Document Scanning was not available as an option to link the scanner through (was available witn Office XP). So, I decided to install the Toolbox, which then would show up as an "event" in Control Panel for the scanner. When I go to scan, the Toolbox opens up, and asks which progarm I was to associate with the scan, and that is where I am having problems.

I guess my question(s) would be :

1 - With Office 2000 (which is installed on this rig), can't I just configure my scanner to automatically scan images w/o use of the proprietary software
2 - If not, how would I link the software to the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, if I cannot find the executable?

FYI - On another rig, I had Windows XP Home (SP1) w/ Office XP, and in the CP there, I was to do what I wanted to do. Not sure if Office 2000 is the issue here.

Thanks ahead of time .