scams via monster.com

DarkManX

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
ive gotten several "job offers" via monster.com in my email which were most likely scams but this one really stands out...

Julija Voinovs <julija@summer-exchange-mail.net>
to me

show details
12:19 am (0 minutes ago)
Dear XXXXX XXXXX!

We have found your resume at http://www.monster.com.

And We would like to suggest a position at our company to you . The position is "Transfer Manager".

The task of the Transfer Manager is processing payments between our
clients and our company via bank accounts or checks. The job is related to remote
Internet operations.Every payment order will be accompanied with detailed instructions.
It's a commission based position. You will get about 8% of each processed payment.

The general requirements are:

* The ability to create good administrative reporting;
* Any expirience in customer service sphere is approved. But it's not necessary.
* Willingness to work from home, take responsibility set up and achieve goals;
* Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
* Effective interaction with customers;
* You should be familiar with working on-line and have Internet and e-mail skills;

Salary: $600-$1200 per week

This job will allow to you:

* to work efficiently from home;
* to increase available personal time;
* to get financial independence for less time than it's usually required;
* to develop high self-respect and esteem;

The working hours are not flexible. It means that you can perform the work at anytime. Working hours you
choose yourself. The main requirement is you should spend half an hour every day for the work.
You just have to check your e-mail daily to see if there is any work for you.

Current Vacancies: 4

Arkadiy Kantor, If you are interested in this position, please reply to: julija@summer-exchange-mail.net

-----
Julija Voinovs,
Financial Manager,
Summer-Exchange Inc.

its amazing at how cheesy and stupid this all sounds! but pass this along and be on the lookout for everyone out there that is looking for jobs.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
What a poorly written letter. Scam or not, I'd be embarrassed if something like that came out of my office.

DarkManX

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
im assuming that they will send you a "payment" of xxx$ to "process" and ask for you to send them xxx$ - 8% commision back to them while their check bounces and you get screwed?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I can see the legions of idiots that will fall for this stuff...... they'll think it's a legit job, then lose everything when it turns out they've been conned in a scam. Sheesh.