SBLive5.1 and Win2k

neuralfx

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2001
ok, i have a machine that has an xgamer5.1, just put Win2k on it. Creative's support of this seems shotty at best, maybe im just doing something wrong though. I have tried all kinds of different drivers, all the ones at creative's site, and even some of the "unofficial" ones over at alive.singnet.com and no matter what, I can only get a 2.1 setup, previously with 9x on it, everything worked fine, im not even talking about spdif with dvd's or anything, just like mp3's, games, any sound, all worked in 9x, only 2.1 in win2k.. over at another forum someone mentioned something about the 3512 drivers, which i cant find anywhere, i tried a 3511, all of them result in the same, whether i go to control panel, and sound & multimedia, and change it to Quadrophonic or "5.1 Speaker Set", all results in the same, 2.1 sound .... I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help, i cant be the only one, using a 5.1 card with win2k .. well thanks in advance ..
-neural

[edit] I got it working, i installed the drivers from the cd, but i also installed ALL of the LiveWare stuff, my question now is, can i get this working without installing any of the LiveWare stuff? [/edit]

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Why would you not want to install Live!Ware?

I could only get it to work in two-speaker mode without installing L!W as well. I think you have to install it to get the added support for 4 speakers and 5.1.