saw "monster" yesterday. ::no spoilers::

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
went to see monster yesterday. i wanted to see what all the fuss was about with charlize theron. the movie was good but not great. but charlize was truely superb. she's earned all that praise and deserves an oscar. Christina Ricci was also very good but was somewhat overshadowed by the less subtle role of Theron's. the love story was touching, but the movie drew a lot of parallels to Requiem For a Dream, which I think was ultimately a better movie.

anyone else see it yet?

::pLEASE KEEP SPOILERS OUT OF THIS THREAD::

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I refuse to allow my eyes to lay witness to any production that besmirches my perception of Charlize. :D

I might see it this weekend.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Descartes
I refuse to allow my eyes to lay witness to any production that besmirches my perception of Charlize. :D

yeah but you get see the boobies! and she kisses Christina Ricci! how hot is that? ;)

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

yeah but you get see the boobies! and she kisses Christina Ricci! how hot is that? ;)

<-- to movietickets.com I go...

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

I saw it last night and felt sick, physicially sick, during the movie and those love scenes. I mean, I'm ALL for girl on girl action, but she just looked so unattractive that it shattered virtually every fantasy I've ever had. Charlize did a good acting job, and it's amazing to see her look so ugly and nasty like that, but I still did not enjoy myself one bit.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
yeah it sure wasn't a feel-good flick.

i saw "21 grams" a few weeks later and i thought it was a better movie, although still pretty tough to watch

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Aileen Wuornos: The Selling of a Serial Killer (1994)

Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer (2004

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
huh, checked netflix, both are coming out on dvd soon.. guess its the monster effect.