Saw Bill Clinton Speak Monday

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
I asked for the most grievous lies, and you posted. If you chose to post trivial nonsense to prove your point? I don't know what to tell you.

I don't have any huge problem with Romney lies. If it were Romney vs. another non-incumbent candidate I could potentially vote for him. But as it turns out the best most experienced candidate for president is the only guy who's already been president for four years.

Obama will try to continue stimulus spending. Good news for the economy and our pocket books. Obama will hopefully continue to pursue better health care options for Americans. I trust democrats more on environmental issues and preserving the social safety net.

Why even consider Romney in this election?
We'll just have to disagree on Obama being the most experienced candidate for president. He has shown extremely poor leadership in my opinion and his administration's economic policies (ala Bernanke) will hurt this nation for a long, long time. Do you really think stimulus spending is a good thing for our future? Many studies indicate that it had mediocre impact over a limited period and likely prolonged our recession. Just wait until interest rates go up again and we start paying on debt interest exceeding 10% of GDP. Then reality will hit and it will be too late. Obama is doing severe damage to this country playing us for fools that we don't have a spending problem...we have a revenue problem with the rich not paying their "fair share". This is his most heinous lie.

I imagine that in 10-15 years you'll be ashamed to tell your children or grandchildren that you were so naive that you actually voted for him.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
I imagine that in 10-15 years you'll be ashamed to tell your children or grandchildren that you were so naive that you actually voted for him.

Just as Republicans today are ashamed to admit they voted for Ronnie Reagan with his deregulation and trickle down economics. Oh wait. They still pretend those were good things.

Nov 30, 2006
Just as Republicans today are ashamed to admit they voted for Ronnie Reagan with his deregulation and trickle down economics. Oh wait. They still pretend those were good things.
Reagonomics was a good thing in many ways...he took us out of a severe double dip recession and established a foundation for the Great Moderation.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
He cut the deficit by 36% in 4 years. That's not half but it is a big cut. Pretty good given Republicans tried to block everything he did.
Such horseshit. You're counting the one time TARP bill as a Bush Budget that was almost paid back completely.

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
By your "logic" Herbert Hoover should have been reelected. Think.

To be better your argument should use these points

-Obama has 4 years experience being president
-With this experience he will be more effective at pushing his agenda
-You disagree with his agenda
-A more effective Obama means more agenda items you disagree with being implemented, and therefore you will vote for another candidate

What's your beef with Hoover?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Such horseshit. You're counting the one time TARP bill as a Bush Budget that was almost paid back completely.

That's very similar to those who say "gas was $1.8x when Obama was elected, look at it now!", completely ignoring that (A)- a president has little to do with gas prices, and (B)- the $1.8x was a brief anomaly due to speculators vacating the market, it was much more expensive both before and after that brief period.

Nov 30, 2006
Volker and the tech boom turned around the economy.
Agree...Volker was definitely a factor...good thing Reagan kept him despite the controversy that revolved around him at the time. Reagan appointed Greenspan as well and he did a very good job imo.

Nov 30, 2006
To be better your argument should use these points

-Obama has 4 years experience being president
-With this experience he will be more effective at pushing his agenda
-You disagree with his agenda
-A more effective Obama means more agenda items you disagree with being implemented, and therefore you will vote for another candidate

What's your beef with Hoover?
Wooosh.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Bill Clinton definitely deserves hotter interns. He had earned it.

j/k sorry Hillary

Seriously, if he could run again, he would win easily. People simply love him. (well except the hard-headed right wingers)

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Never was a fan of Clinton being such a proponent of offshoring which has many thriving towns in the NE looking like ghost towns. To hide Americans middle class circling the drain while his buddies on Wall Street got rich he expanded things like EIC, loosing lending standards, education debt which are still problems with us today. But it's not like he had a choice - neither does obama or romney.