Saw a weird and scary-looking cloud yesterday... (pics)

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Last evening I was outside looking at our exotic birds (a bunch of chickens, ducks, some phesants and peafowl) when I looked up and saw this rather nasty looking cloud. It was a long string that was rotating and distorting the clouds above it.

Pics, from north to west:
1 2 3

Anyone mind telling me what this thing was?

Also, here's a photoshopped to death wallpaper-suitable version of the first pic for your viewing pleasure.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Neat.

Reminds me of the nexus-ribbon thing in the Star Trek the next Generation movie.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
I'm hosting it off of my own fileserver. If you can think of a better place I'd like to hear it.

Originally posted by: Electrode
I'm hosting it off of my own fileserver. If you can think of a better place I'd like to hear it.
Notfred's pichosting service, pics.bbzzdd.com, entity's service, any other place.

Looks to me like a wall cloud - a precursor to a tornado.

EDIT: I mean the cloud in the first pic - I don't know what that skinny little cloud is all about. Wall Cloud.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There are like half a dozen free pic hosting sites for ATOT........

Besides, don't ISPs give you free space anymore? I get 60megs(total, 6 emails) with Comcast.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
There are like half a dozen free pic hosting sites for ATOT........

Besides, don't ISPs give you free space anymore? I get 60megs(total, 6 emails) with Comcast.

Charter was supposed to give me 5 megs of space, but never did.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Weren't there supposed to be weird clouds forming over the Northeast or something? Although MI is a little far it could be the case..

one ring to rule them all
one ring to find them
one ring to bring them all
and in the darkness, bind them!