Saudis consider nuclear bomb

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
BigDude quoting the Guardian? Is this the Twilight Zone?

· To acquire a nuclear capability as a deterrent;

· To maintain or enter into an alliance with an existing nuclear power that would offer protection;

· To try to reach a regional agreement on having a nuclear-free Middle East.

Their goals seem pretty similar to other powers who felt they needed nuclear weapons for defense. It goes to show you, America's actions are resulting in nuclear proliferation

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Can you blame them? After seeing America's behavior, who wouldn't be scampering to get as many weapons as possible? You really arn't safe unless you live in England or Israel from the Bush admin's crusade of justice. I say let them have it, MAD kept us in check during the Cold War, maybe it needs to again.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
Can you blame them? After seeing America's behavior, who wouldn't be scampering to get as many weapons as possible? You really arn't safe unless you live in England or Israel from the Bush admin's crusade of justice. I say let them have it, MAD kept us in check during the Cold War, maybe it needs to again.

I think the bush doctrine has said that if you don't have them, you're vulnerable. Bush wants to expand our own testing and development too.

Given how little credible justification we had to replace iraqs govt., I imagine many other leaders are feeling the shock and wondering if they could become a target at some point.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Shock & Awe:

Shock: How aggressive America has become
Awe: How effective Nukes are at deterring American aggression

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Shock: How you guys fail to remember Iran and NK pursuing nukes before Bush was even in the White House.

Awe: The amount of crap you try to pin on someone you can't stand.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: kage69
Shock: How you guys fail to remember Iran and NK pursuing nukes before Bush was even in the White House.

Hey kage69, I had apatent on that shock & awe parody. You'll be getting a visit from my lawyers.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001

Shock: How you guys fail to remember the BS we were told by the administration in order to go after Iraq when we were straight up threatend by NK, yet we didn't have the balls to after them why? Because they could have had the bomb. NUKE = America off your ass.

Awe: The amount of crap fed to you by this admin. and y'alls ability to conveniently swallow it.

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Giving the Saudis the bomb is like giving a 2 year old a loaded M4A1 rifle.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: dexvx
Giving the Saudis the bomb is like giving a 2 year old a loaded M4A1 rifle.

Giving the Saudis the bomb is like giving Bush the White House.

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce

yeah, its not like we have given the saudi's some of the latest military tech including fighter planes and high tech munitions, single handedly transforming their military into one of the most modern in the region.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
WORD! (BOBDN)

YOU GO GIRL!

rolleye.gif

CkG

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hey kage69, I had apatent on that shock & awe parody. You'll be getting a visit from my lawyers.

lol, what was I thinking?! My people will call your people, I'm sure we can come up with reasonable licensing terms for the future.

Shock: How you guys fail to remember the BS we were told by the administration in order to go after Iraq when we were straight up threatend by NK, yet we didn't have the balls to after them why? Because they could have had the bomb. NUKE = America off your ass.

*tsk* *tsk* No, I remember quite well thank you - please don't consider me some Bush ass kisser just because I'm not in the crowd waving pitchforks and torches. I didn't vote for that bible-thumping ass! What you said doesn't change the fact that both NK and Iran having been seeking nukes for quite some time, which destroys the leftie theory that Bush is to blame for ruining some perfect balance. I'm sorry you can't blame him for everything, I really am....
rolleye.gif

WORD! (BOBDN)

Will you two just hurry up and do it? I'm sure it's not just me and CAD getting uncomfortable with all the 'tension' between you two...
;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Will you two just hurry up and do it? I'm sure it's not just me and CAD getting uncomfortable with all the 'tension' between you two...
;)

"uncomfortable"? Nah. That stuff doesn't bother me. People will do and say what they wish. A couple liberals cheering each other on with their little rah rah fest doesn't make me uncomfortable at all - heck, I'm still in this forum aren't I?:D

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
It seems pretty obvious to me that nations who were previously on the fence about nuclear weapons, are now seriously considering them. As the only proven deterrence to U.S. hegemony, a nuclear weapon is probably the only thing some third tier nations can rely on to defend their sovereignty. If there was any doubt about this before Bush, it's simply been reinforced ten-fold since Dubya took office. You'd either have to have your head lodged in a convenient hole in the ground, or have your vision obscured by Bush's large ass as you bend to plant lips there not to realize it.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You must have your head in a hole if you didn't notice the timing of this announcement coinciding with the Iran situation. A country who's leader has publicly stated that Israel is "a cancer upon the world which needs to be removed," - but happens to have nukes as well. The House of Saud has quite a few reasons to be worried, not least of which might be fundamental Iran deciding it should take care of Mecca should a nuclear war with Israel break out. Saudia Arabia knows it has us by the balls for oil (at least for the forseeable future) but I'm sure the ease at which we steamrolled Iraq has made them a little nervous. Regardless, Bush's actions can be seen as prompting nuclear development by some countries (*cough* indonesia *cough*) but not all of them...

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
You must have your head in a hole if you didn't notice the timing of this announcement coinciding with the Iran situation. A country who's leader has publicly stated that Israel is "a cancer upon the world which needs to be removed," - but happens to have nukes as well. The House of Saud has quite a few reasons to be worried, not least of which might be fundamental Iran deciding it should take care of Mecca should a nuclear war with Israel break out. Saudia Arabia knows it has us by the balls for oil (at least for the forseeable future) but I'm sure the ease at which we steamrolled Iraq has made them a little nervous. Regardless, Bush's actions can be seen as prompting nuclear development by some countries (*cough* indonesia *cough*) but not all of them...

Did you seriously just say that Iran would nuke Mecca? You know Mecca the city that contains the most holy site in Islam and is the birthplace of Mohammad and almost all Iranians are Muslim.

You deserve and award for rediculous statement of the day.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: rahvin

Did you seriously just say that Iran would nuke Mecca? You know Mecca the city that contains the most holy site in Islam and is the birthplace of Mohammad and almost all Iranians are Muslim.

You deserve and award for rediculous statement of the day.

I second that motion. A textbook case of "I don't know what the fvck I'm talking aboutness".

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Omg you both need to chill the fvck out and pull your heads out of your asses! "Take care of" as in, OCCUPY! Mecca IS the holiest site to the Islamic faith and Saudi Arabia is quite the proud custodian.
Your jumping to conclusions or taking things out of context isn't my fault, it's yours.
Bling, this is twice for you, I'm starting to lose hope in your being able to comprehend anything that you don't outright agree with.
rahvin, save the pompous attitude for when you actually have a point - you get the Asshead Award for the day.

rolleye.gif
Christ you guys are sad....