Saturn will soon become just another GM vehicle nameplate

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
GM isn?t allowed to lay off Saturn workers under its current agreement. The automaker must pay workers their salary even if they are not building cars.

GM quietly signaled the union that it couldn?t continue to absorb losses indefinitely and could shut Saturn, albeit with regrets, ending everyone?s job

Text

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
They have been influenced by GM for the past 3-4 years.

Since they discontinued the S-series, they've been a worthless GM brand anyway.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: radioouman

Well, Saturns were always worthless!

Frdm51472

May 30, 2002
Saturn's have never been a quality vehicle, they have just excelled at customer service. So that might go away, but by and by I have had very good customer service with Cadillac and they are "just another GM nameplate"

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb

No arguement here

Originally posted by: Frdm51472
Saturn's have never been a quality vehicle, they have just excelled at customer service. So that might go away, but by and by I have had very good customer service with Cadillac and they are "just another GM nameplate"

But Cadillac didn't go 12 YEARS with the same car without a significant refresh of it

Frdm51472

May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: malbojah
Originally posted by: Skoorb

No arguement here

Originally posted by: Frdm51472

But Cadillac didn't go 12 YEARS with the same car without a significant refresh of it

*COUGH* Fleetwood *COUGH*

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
the staurn division lost 1 billion dollars last year and will probably lose just as much this year. They had to be able to lay off the workers in order to even stay alive.

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Saturn is out. Opel is in.

NOBODY should have any complaints. AFAIK, they're just making Opels in the US and going to rebadge them as Saturn. Let's hope they don't make them plastic....

-silver

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Saturns are the american hyundai as far as I'm concerned, good riddens to a mediocre product..
Actually, Hyundai's are nicer cars than Saturns... Saturn is more like Kia.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
While I would agree that, in general, Saturn's suck, I have to say my wife's new V6 Vue is pretty nice. Not what I would have expected from Saturn.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Workin'
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Saturns are the american hyundai as far as I'm concerned, good riddens to a mediocre product..
Actually, Hyundai's are nicer cars than Saturns... Saturn is more like Kia.

What are you talking about: Hyundai owns Kia, they're practically the same cars.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"The automaker must pay workers their salary even if they are not building cars."

Gotta love unions.
rolleye.gif

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Ornery
"The automaker must pay workers their salary even if they are not building cars."

Gotta love unions.
rolleye.gif
lol, I hear ya, I have a friend that is so pro-union too it makes me sick.. and he cannot be reasoned to about it, in his opinion Unions should rule throughout
rolleye.gif

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a 96 Saturn SL and have over 120k miles on it. Aside from maintance nothing has gone wrong with the car and it has been reliable transportation. On top of it I drive 400miles with one fillup (about 15-16$). Perfect comuter car. Go mock it, I am happy with it and hope it lasts me another trouble free 8 years!

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: mpitts
While I would agree that, in general, Saturn's suck, I have to say my wife's new V6 Vue is pretty nice. Not what I would have expected from Saturn.

If it's a new '04 Vue, I'll let you in on a little secret at to why it runs nice: can you say HONDA ENGINE