Sarah Palin needs to release medical records

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Story has come out in the last few days Sarah Palin had a tanning bed installed in the governers mansion.

Now the superficial argument can be made she is an elitist who just wants to look tan and hot. Remember some loudmouths accused John Kerry of tanning.

Turns out there may be a medically necessary reason. Here is a link on the disease called SAD...
Text

Check out the symtoms of SAD and the typical victim.

Does this woman suffer from depression? The public has the right to know.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Too bad we can't ask Thomas Eagleton about how easy it was to juggle a vice presidential bid with depression ....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Dems are completely intent on bungling this election, aren't they?
By making light of Mother Palin's love of a good tan?:laugh:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Ohh god no, not SAD.

Jeebus, to a certain extent, the majority of humanity suffers from SAD.

This is just pathetic.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Yah, pretty much. Any time a small town, corn fed woman sees the dems making these stupid personal attacks on SP, you're converting another voter. It's starting to show in the polls now - look at New York - was solidly blue, now upstate women are switching their vote. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Yah, pretty much. Any time a small town, corn fed woman sees the dems making these stupid personal attacks on SP, you're converting another voter. It's starting to show in the polls now - look at New York - was solidly blue, now upstate women are switching their vote. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
You hope.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

That's just your Inner Sexist speaking.

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999
I didn't think a tanning bed produced the proper light waves for that treatment. Though it might make sense she does have some sort of seasonal light issues. I would think it can happen to anyone who lives in a light deprived area for a long period of time but... yeah release the medical records so we don't make fun of you for tanning

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
she tans? WHO FUCKING CARES. as long as she paid for the tanning bed out of her pockets i don't fricken care.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm so confused. So talking about being friends with a domestic terrorist is divisive and ducking the issues, but analysis of a tanning bed is a thought out topic.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
LOL, TanningBedGate. I heard a rumor she had her Kawasaki glasses retrofitted with those special Northern Exposure lights to combat SAD. Anyone have a link?

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Wow another in a long list of hard-hitting, crucial subjects we just HAVE to know about. Good job bringing THIS one to the surface. :roll:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Dems are completely intent on bungling ANOTHER election, aren't they?

fixed :laugh:

So true. Between the war(s), the economy, etc. the Repubs have dropped their drawers, bent over and applied a lubricant all the while the Dems seem bewildered.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Actually this whole tanning bed to combat depression idea came from a rightwing talk show host. Just like her foreign experience (you can see Russia from parts of Alaska) came from one of the moron "reporters" on Fox News. Unlike the Russia thing, I doubt Palin will adopt the depression argument.

In any event, this is beyond stupid. Attention focused on Palin keeps this race a matter of personalities, not real issues. The GOP are the ultimate experts in manipulating the personality (us versus them) races.

My suggestion is anytime anyone mentions Palin to you, say I'm not all that interested in her, the real subject here is McCain's position(s) on xxxx.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: lupi
I'm so confused. So talking about being friends with a domestic terrorist is divisive and ducking the issues, but analysis of a tanning bed is a thought out topic.

Didn't she put it in issue by claiming she fired the chef (she didn't) and that she was bringing a new culture to alaskan govt (valley girl) ?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think women will vote for a mentally ill person so long as she's a woman who is being attacked. I also think Noah dug the Grand Canyon.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland
Wow another in a long list of hard-hitting, crucial subjects we just HAVE to know about. Good job bringing THIS one to the surface. :roll:

but but we need to know if she has tanlines.... WHERE IS THE PROOF! She's obviously hiding the evidence... ;)