Sapphire x1900GT Heat Problems?

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
I've ordered myself a x1900GT and its on its way but I've been hearing alot of problems with these things and overheating.

Now I'm ordering my new motherboard monday and then putting together my rig.

If anyone has this card, have you had heat problems? I'll have a PCI Exaust fan, 2 120's 2 90's and a 250cm in the case so case temps won't be a problem.

So anyone have this card? Are you having heat problems? Hows the card working?

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I found it ran hot with the stock cooler, but with good case airflow, well within the tolerance of the card. I bought an x2 which lowered temps and more important was quiet. You can use rabit to adjust the fan speeds in the bios, if you don't mind a bit more noise. :beer:

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
I'll be using Headphones with my PC all the time so I don't care if I add more noise. I won't be doing much gaming on it, only CS:S, BF:2142, and Halo CE (yeah old school). I got if because it was cheap (190 shipped) and its a damn sight better then the 7600GT I originaly planned on getting.

hmorphone

Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ronnn
I found it ran hot with the stock cooler, but with good case airflow, well within the tolerance of the card. I bought an x2 which lowered temps and more important was quiet. You can use rabit to adjust the fan speeds in the bios, if you don't mind a bit more noise. :beer:

I would have to agree with ronnn. Apparently ATI feels that anything below 100C is acceptable/within specs. I was getting high 60's idle, high 70's to low 80's load, and low to mid 90's OC'd at load. This is with worse case cooling than you or ronnn on the stock cooler. The stock cooler is a compact single slot solution, and you could just use ATItool or flash the bios to run it at 100% all the time, which would provide better cooling. I found the stock cooler's noise to be reasonable, even at 100%. I feel the best solution though, like he did, is to put an Accelero X2 on it. You might want to look at this thread 1 and this thread 2

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I do think if you don't mind noise, the stock fan will do quite a good job if you increase fan speeds (will really be noisy though).

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Well I'm used to noisy fans. I've usually got my 360 running and it has possibly the two loudest fans in the world.

uranutan

Sep 8, 2006
Originally posted by: iAtticus
I'll be using Headphones with my PC all the time so I don't care if I add more noise. I won't be doing much gaming on it, only CS:S, BF:2142, and Halo CE (yeah old school). I got if because it was cheap (190 shipped) and its a damn sight better then the 7600GT I originaly planned on getting.

Where'd you get that X1900GT for only $190? I've been looking for a new video card.

hmorphone

Oct 14, 2005
X1900GT's seem to be experiencing a price bump or shortage of some sort. They were down to $195 - $199, but now the cheapest I'm seeing is $220 - $230. Ebay, which is where I got mine for $168, shows the cheapest as $210 right now.