Not open for further replies.


Nov 21, 2000
Quick question -

My wife's company uses SAP at work, and she has some contact with it but is hoping to take a course or get a certification to try and distinguish herself for some jobs that may open up soon.

Anyone have any idea if there is any such coursework or cert? I've taken a quick look at the SAP site and the references to the certs available seem vague and filled with the sort of business speak I eschew .

They have two levels, and associate certification sounds like it would equip her with what she needs to know to be a "team member", but then it is broken down into application, technology and development certification areas. If the cert provides the skills she needs, she will hopefully be able to get her work to pay for the course, but she wants to be clear on what the cert teaches and who it is intended for before she talks to her boss.

Any help is appreciated, I figure there have to be a few SAP folk on the board who can get to the heart of this faster than me.

Associate certification – This certification covers the fundamental knowledge requirements for a consultant, or project team member ensuring the successful acquisition of broad SAP solution knowledge and skills. With associate-level certification, you can:
Gain an externally-recognized mark of excellence that clients seek
Differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace
Execute your tasks with confidence and skill
Professional certification – This advanced certification requires proven project experience, business process knowledge, and a more detailed understanding of SAP solutions. With professional-level certification, you can:
Demonstrate both your experience and your expertise through a rigorous testing process
Promote a more globally applicable accreditation with higher billable rates
Lead as well as execute tasks and engagements


Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
There is a training center close to me in the NW Chicago suburbs that trains students in SAP with several courses to choose from. Check your local community college.
Not open for further replies.