Santa Rosa MAcbook Pro and Windows 7

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I"ve been reading that it is very complicated to install the x64 win 7 on the macbook pro and I have to make a special iso and reburn it in order to work. Would this be much easier with the x32 version?

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight
I"ve been reading that it is very complicated to install the x64 win 7 on the macbook pro and I have to make a special iso and reburn it in order to work. Would this be much easier with the x32 version?

On the same MacBook Pro, Tyranicus was able to get x64 installed and I was not. Different hard drive, and therefore a different EFI, so that probably had a lot to do with it. If you are using the drive that came with it, and are working with a fresh BootCamp partition, then you should be ok.

I have heard nothing about special ISOs or anything like that.

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
installed x64 7 in 45 minutes on my new MBP ( I never use it, but thats another issue :) )

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
well the thing is i am getting the upgrade version throgh ms but when i had the iso for rc1 it wouldn't boot into the installer. anyone know what going on here?

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
I had teh same problem. I think it had to do with the fact that I was replacing an existing windows install, and not starting with a fresh bootcamp partition, so the emulated BIOS was borked somehow.