San Diego Flag Football

helpme

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2000
If anybody in the San Diego area is interesed in playing some flag football this summer:

I've participated in a so-cal league called Top Gun and am organizaing a 'free agent' team for this summer.

I'm heading up a 'free agent' team since I will be back in San diego for the summer, I normally play in Claremont (Inland Empire). Top gun has been sending me interested people slowly, and right now we have about 4 players.

The games are 5 on 5, however teams usually carry in between 6 and 10 players. The league is passing only, bump and run with no downfield blocking. One thing unique to this leage is that the QB only has 6 seconds to throw. While this may sound odd, it fits very well in a 5 v 5 leage. It's pretty fun and doesn't require any serious bulk or strength, just the ability to run, defend and catch.

Because this is a free agent team, we will be entering division 2 or 3 to keep it fun for our team's skill level. The league starts on June 5, and runs for 7 or 8 weeks with a total of 10 season games + playoffs.

The league also keeps track of stats on a weekly basis, so you can track how many rec/yards/TD etc.

Edit: Forgot to mention the schedule

The league runs games on Sundays, 1-5 PM (or 6-10 pm should we choose night games).
We'll have at least one practice a week unless the team wants more.

If anybody is interested in playing, send me a pm or e-mail.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
no tackling? boooooo

j.k, ill keep this in mind. something to sleep on. sounds like it may be some fun. co-worker said he's done it in the past and said it was a pretty good time. said it was pretty competitive also and they even run plays and such.

helpme

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2000
Yeah, it's quite fun and teams normally have a small playbook. Usually we have them drawn out and choose them that way. Not everybody on the team can read a playbook, so we use pictures instead.

Last season my team only audible to change individual receiver routes, but we didn't do any play changes on the fly.